20s On my Dart

-

1fast340dart

Reaction score
ok,here arround town i've been getting different answers as far as whats all involved in puttin 20 or 22 inch rems on my 72 dart,is this even possible with a mini tub ? prices keep flexin so im questioning the total cost and whats involved..suggestions/answers/tips ?????

well, since i see where you live, i can see that you got the idea from all the thugs with the 90's model caprice's with what looks like a 10 inch lift kit with some 30 inch tires under it.lol nah. back to your question. i do not think they would even come close to fitting, especially under the front, no matter what you do, as they will have no turning radius at all. also, you would have to lift the car at least 6 indches for them to be sitting below the front wheelwell opening. i wanted to put a set of 19 inch srt rims on mine, and wound up just selling them after i tried to fit one on.lol good luck though. well, you could just open up the wheelwells with a sawzall

ok,here arround town i've been getting different answers as far as whats all involved in puttin 20 or 22 inch rems on my 72 dart,is this even possible with a mini tub ? prices keep flexin so im questioning the total cost and whats involved..suggestions/answers/tips ?????

Suggestions ?

Save the Donks for a Monte Carlo !!!! :wack:
OHH no doubt! intend to

You might be able to get 20x8.5 in the rear depending on tire and offset, but I think it'd be a stretch in the front.

While I don't have any experience, I would imagine it probably depends on the ride height your after and the tire height. I know you can fit 20's in the rear, but ride and tire height I think will play a factor on the fronts.

I just found this pic. I'm not sure but these look like 20's to me...
1969DODGEDART2.jpg

By no means is it a Donk... Not exactly my thing but with the right ride height it might work.

Ugly.....17's are the max I would ever go on these A-bodies...I have 17's on my 68 cuda, and 17's on my Dart build...

You asked what's involved........answer - 5 lug nuts is all it to hold a wheel on.

-
Back