21,000 For a bonnet? New Gt500KR mustang...

-
The price of parts, that I can almost understand (well, not $21,000 for a hood...) as I worked collision for 15 years. Ever price the collision repairs for a Viper? But the idea that Ford and/or Shelby want the damaged parts back? That I don't get. I know it's a KR in this instance but we had a GT500 come off the trailer when I was the Ford dealer with transporter damage. The front valance and bumper cover was pretty effed up. The transporter's insurance paid to replace it after the claim was put in, but Ford didn't want the valance and bumper cover back.

The price of parts, that I can almost understand (well, not $21,000 for a hood...) as I worked collision for 15 years. Ever price the collision repairs for a Viper? But the idea that Ford and/or Shelby want the damaged parts back? That I don't get. I know it's a KR in this instance but we had a GT500 come off the trailer when I was the Ford dealer with transporter damage. The front valance and bumper cover was pretty effed up. The transporter's insurance paid to replace it after the claim was put in, but Ford didn't want the valance and bumper cover back.

I KNOW why they want the parts back. That way, you can't fix up the hood and re-sell it on eBag for $10-15k, depriving them of all that ca$h they would have made otherwise...greedy bastardos!

-
Back