2176 help ASAP

-
If I was to use anything other than a stock manifold, I would pull the pins and use silicone. I have used silicone on 3 intakes so far with excellent results, one being a 454 Chevy in my old tool truck. I put a Streetmaster intake on, used silicone for the end seals, and drove it for another 80,000 miles with no leaks.

Pins, Silicone ? What is this we speak of ?

No pins, The Right Stuff, now you're talking.
there are a lot of different types of "The Right Stuff". A lot of folks recommend "the right stuff", how about a copy-and-paste of exactly the type of "The Right Stuff" that is being used?

Is it this Elastomeric rubber Right stuff
Permatex 29208 Elastomeric Rubber Gaskets-The Right Stuff Gaskets Maker 5oz. | eBay

Or is it this 1 minute grey Right Stuff
NEW PERMATEX #25238 THE RIGHT STUFF GREY 1MINUTE GASKET MAKER 3 OZ | eBay

Or this black 1 minute Right Stuff
NEW Permatex THE RIGHT STUFF Black One Minute Gasket # 85224 | eBay

Or this big tube that uses a calking gun to apply ?
33694 the right stuff gasket maker, 10.1 oz. | eBay

All the Right Stuff users always say "Right Stuff is the way", but I've never seen where anything has been specific on this site. Please elaborate

yeah, I found pins on a 318 once..under the newly cracked 273-4bbl intake I was putting on...Doh! :BangHead:

Edelbrock gives you 2 books on installation. On page 1 of general installation book in the preliminary checklist # 10 says remove dowel pins. In the other book for installing 2176 there is no mention of dowel pins.

-
Back