225 Hemi head

-

rp23g7

Reaction score
Where can I get one of these????????????????

1530369_784432838237194_194081763_n_zpse6ee7ea0.jpg

Cool! Anybody know who made it or the story at least behind it.

There's a guy in the Slant Six Racing Association who's been working on one he had cast and machined himself for God only knows what kind of investment. He shows up at some races, then disappears again for months. Sounds like a fairy tale, doesn't it? Well, that's the story as I understand it. Make of it what you will!

BC

The pic above is a fake. It's been makin the rounds for quite some time now.

Like I said. It was fake. It was a hoax. It's been floatin around since about late 07.

I know that 225 Hemi /6 is fake, its a "Mock-up" thing..............I don't even think it has EVER run! Be cool if it has tho...........

Wonder what sort of HP that would have!

EDIT:
You know, the more I look at the picture, I see something.....The valve cover, how in the hell did this guy make the valve cover to say "Chrysler FirePower" by combining sections of 2 factory valve covers!!!!????? AND not have the words overlapping themselves? I know I can fabricate things even sheet metal, and I can't see how in the hell this was even possible! The head itself, has to have been custom made, or fabricated to fit the 225 to begin with.....You know, a machinist could have been hired to make this happen, and if so, then the cost would be great, BUT if this is true, and maybe this may have ran once, that means the valve cover too is a custom "stamped" part of sheet metal. the dies to do this gets me and where the hell the guy got the stuff to do it......

That picture is awful believing tho. it looks as tho it may have ran, but is questionable!

Geez. This is water under the bridge. It aint even a mockup. It's a total FAKE.

Rusty,
We know its FAKE, but the question "how"? I mean really is that a picture from photoshop, OR did someone ruin 2 Fire Power heads and valve covers? It looks pretty difficult to get that to fit into a picture and "look" real. But, it could have been "set up" to look as tho it run, a picture took, and then posted, where ever it was, way back when......That's what I mean by "Mock-up"....

You never know.....

It's floatin around here somewhere. I think it was proven to be an elaborate photoshop.

It's floatin around here somewhere. I think it was proven to be an elaborate photoshop.

It looks damn convincing though.....even the little cut out where the carby sits.....and the top water neck.

I don't think its photoshopped. I think its a real hemi head with the outboard cylinders added to keep script intact. That intake looks a little shaky but bolting it up...bigger challenge is: where are the pushrods coming from?

Back in the 60's and 70's, Comp racers cut and spliced all sorts of V8 heads to work on straight Six engines. I would guess...and I don't have any examples handy to actually check...but if someone was really creative and had good fabrication skills, that an early Dodge or Desoto Hemi head would have close enough bore spacing and head bolt patterns that it could be made to work.

Ed and I both researched this a lot. The bore centers are way off compared to the early Hemi and the bolt spacing is way off.

Yes, true for the Chrysler, but not for the Dodge. The smallest of those had comparable size cylinders to the Slant.

I'd like to see somebody make it work. A 300 horse N/A slant would be very possible.

I'd like to see somebody make it work. A 300 horse N/A slant would be very possible.

300hp na wheel is possible but you have to be willing to work for it. with that kind of head i think 450 would be a safe bet and streetable.

Bore spacing of the Slant is 4.00...Red Ram Hemi is 4.187. Red Ram heads sectioned in 3rds to fit the six would leave less than .090 offset to each chamber. Looks VERY doable to me.

Now, if only somebody offered aluminum Red Ram castings.

...bigger challenge is: where are the pushrods coming from?

Exactly.....remember the angles involved with the pushrods on a Hemi V8 ???....the pushrod galley in a slant wouldn't let that happen, me thinks.

Exactly.....remember the angles involved with the pushrods on a Hemi V8 ???....the pushrod galley in a slant wouldn't let that happen, me thinks.

Good point. Someone needs to lay a Red Ram head gasket on a Slant block and take some pics....

Good point. Someone needs to lay a Red Ram head gasket on a Slant block and take some pics....

Hey rusty isn't that what you sent me? I think I have pics at home. On the pushrod hole I don't think boring a hole thru the water jacket and then "sleeveing" it would be an issue

-
Back