225 slant 6 vavle cover?

-
There probably is but I just use a nut-driver and go as tight as I can or I use a very small ratchet and don't bear down a whole lot.

and use a cork gasket not the rubber... i have never gotten a rubber one to seal... even with silicone lol...

with the cork one just put a bead between the valve cover and the gasket... assemble it... then next time you need to run the valves or whatever your gasket comes off with the valve cover, usually get 5 R/R out of them before they leak...

im at 7 on mine right now lol...

and use a cork gasket not the rubber... i have never gotten a rubber one to seal... even with silicone lol...

with the cork one just put a bead between the valve cover and the gasket... assemble it... then next time you need to run the valves or whatever your gasket comes off with the valve cover, usually get 5 R/R out of them before they leak...

im at 7 on mine right now lol...

whats a bead?

sorry man im only 16 i just got a project car and im learning the ropes haha what is it?

Coming from a lady who has to routinely scrape valve covers on an almost daily basis sometimes, you should know that a bead is just that: a few dots here and there to hold the gasket on. You don't want to give it a bath in the stuff by creating a layer a half inch thick. It'll look awful, ooze out and make a mess all over your engine bay. (If that happens, just let it dry in place for a little while, rub your thumb or finger across it and it'll come right off. Don't use lacquer thinner!)

A lot of people don't even use silicone when using a gasket, or they just use RTV silicone and no gasket at all. You'll notice at the store that some of the silicone tubes say "Gasket Maker" on them.

Good luck!

Use contact cement to glue the cork or rubber gasket to the rocker cover, then after it has set, smear the gasket with hi-temp grease.....this will allow you to remove the rocker cover for doing valve sets.....without loosing the gasket.
The bolts are only nipped up, not very tight at all.

Just want to say that I think it's great that someone your age is taking an interest in this stuff. I hope you have enough good experiences that it keeps the spirit going for a long time.
It really is truly rewarding when you can look at something and say "Yeah! I did that." Good luck and if luck is bad, you can always come here for help. Dennis

Start by straightening all the surfaces around the bolt holes. I use a small hammer and a block of wood. If they been grossly over tightened in the past it will be warped pretty bad in those areas and if bad enough, the valve cover might be cracked so inspect that area real well or it will never seal. I use just a thin layer of CopperCoat sealer between the valve cover and gasket. Nothing anywhere else. Makes future removal and cleanup very easy. Check the bolts a week after you change the gasket and retighten the bolts as necessary. They'll loosen as the gasket compresses over time.

-
Back