[FOR SALE] 225 Slant 6 with 904 and gofast parts!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

sobiecam

College Student
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
s-l1600.jpg

Selling the Slant 6 out of my Demon clone. It's original to the car as far as I know making it a 1973 engine and likewise on the transmission. The engine runs well and the transmission shifts very good too.

On the Slant 6: It has an offenhauser 4bbl intake manifold, newer Carter high volume fuel pump, and comes with a new-unused Header from Clifford and a chrome valve cover with gasket (header and valve cover not pictured). The remainder of the engine is stock and has not been rebuilt at any point that I can tell. It's clean under the valve cover so I would assume the rest of the engine is fairly clean inside too. It does smoke a little on startup from time to time and is leaking oil from I believe either the oil pump gasket and/or valve cover gasket. The exhaust manifold that is on the engine currently isn't cracked but the outer part of the rear hole the stud goes into is broken, doesn't leak that I can tell. Not included on the engine is the starter, alternator, carb and spacer, or throttle and kickdown cables or engine wiring!!! But it will come with the power steering pump and any sensors attached to the engine. The engine has never given me any issues other than the oil leaks and occasional exhaust smoke since it was tuned up last spring with new plugs, wires, cap and rotor and had a great summer of cruising for around 2,000 miles or so. I recently tore down a 71 225 for extra parts and the leftovers go with this engine, which isn't a ton but spares are spares.

Transmission: The 904 was pulled and repainted as well as a new input shaft seal installed before the Mopar Nationals this year when I had to replace the converter. Transmission has always shifted well but has begun to leak around the manual lever shaft, for which I have new gaskets but have yet to install. The boot on the tailshaft seal is torn but does not leak!

If you're interested shoot me a message and we can talk! The engine is still in the car in case you wanted a video of it running or wanted to take a test drive before I remove it.

I have it listed on eBay and Facebook for sale, FABO special pricing of $550! Located on the West side of Indianapolis 46214, about halfway between Indianapolis Raceway Park (Lucas Oil Raceway at Indianapolis) and I-465

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back