225 slant 6 with clifford setup

-

Claydart

MOPAR to the very bones
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering what, if anything my slant is worth? I am getting ready to go with a 1965 273 that is being rebuilt for me, and I will have my old slant taking up room in my already crowded garage. It is a 1967 or 68 with the larger crank diameter. I will be keeping the flywheel, but I have the old torque converter flange that was on it when it was an auto. I also still have the push button mechanism too. Any thoughts?

If the crank is original to the engine, it is at least a '68 if it has the larger dia. meter.
Why are You keeping the flywheel? The "torque converter flange" I assume You're speaking of is the flexplate, that has the small register/meter on it.
The pushbutton trans, flexplate, the shifter mechanism, and especially the cables all have some value, post 'em up in the appropriate "For Sale" forum here.......
The same goes for the engine, someone is advertising for built six in the Wanted's here, don't know if Yours fits the bill, but check it out.................

Thanks, I will check it out. I am keeping the flywheel because I have been researching this swap and I believe that I will be able to use it on the 273.

Thanks, I will check it out. I am keeping the flywheel because I have been researching this swap and I believe that I will be able to use it on the 273.
If it is the larger/later clutch that very well may be, but You will have to "egg" one of the crank bolt holes to accomplish that, why not sell the flywheel and get the correct
unit for the 273? The larger slanty clutch from later models is desirable, so selling shouldn't be too hard, just a thought.........................

Are you using the early A bellhousing. If so it takes the smaller flywheel. A special 10 inch clutch kit from Brewers fits that smaller flywheel.

65 273 has the small crank flange, and a different bolt pattern then the 68 up slant six flywheel, which has the large hole.

I have a 1964 A833 in there now, that I bought online and rebuilt. I just bought a correct 1964-66 bellhousing yesterday. If you know where I can get the correct 122 tooth flywheel, that would be terrific. I also have an original 9 1/2" clutch and pressure plate. I may need a new clutch disc by now though.

I have a 1964 A833 in there now, that I bought online and rebuilt. I just bought a correct 1964-66 bellhousing yesterday. If you know where I can get the correct 122 tooth flywheel, that would be terrific. I also have an original 9 1/2" clutch and pressure plate. I may need a new clutch disc by now though.
Upgrade the clutch to a 10 ! The 4 speed cars came with the 10 in clutch as did the V8's . It will bolt right on the same flywheel as the 9

Not to get off subject, but was there not a slant bell that will accept the smaller smaller retainer of the A833 A body trans??? (and 3 speed too?)

Not to get off subject, but was there not a slant bell that will accept the smaller smaller retainer of the A833 A body trans??? (and 3 speed too?)
No that bell has the large center hole for the later transmissions .The early A's ,and others too, had different bells for 3 speeds and 4 speeds .In the case of the early A bodys the 3 speed bell was aluminium and the 4 speed iron for the 6 cylinder cars.The 8 cylinder had both made out of iron .I have all three types and one of those later ones that will take a 3 or a 4 speed

-
Back