225 Slant six with trans value

-

f8swinger

Reaction score
Hey guys need to clean out and get some cash to finish my car, anyone know what this might be worth, 1970 52000 mile 225 slant six with trans and converter that runs great. Just dont know what to ask for price. Thanks

I've see them free to 2-300. I've got the original tranny and engine from my car stashed in the garage. Try Craigslist, if it's bolted together and a running package it might be easier to move.

i have an extra complete running slant that i have posted for around 175. with absolutely no interest shown. if it were mine i would ask 300. and be very flexible.the low mileage may be appealing to some.

I'm interested in one and if I found a complete engine+tranny like yours locally I personally might pay up to $150. But yes, they do often go for free and there isn't much of a market for them. I want one so I could do a turbo build and keep my original engine unmolested.

i have an extra complete running slant that i have posted for around 175. with absolutely no interest shown. if it were mine i would ask 300. and be very flexible.the low mileage may be appealing to some.

WRONG. I'm real interested I am just in Georgia.

Dork! dont say that! know you'll have to pay 300 vs free! lol

I know. That's what I mean. I'm interested but there's nuthin I can do about it. There's a difference between that and NOT bein interested. Make sense? lol

I know. That's what I mean. I'm interested but there's nuthin I can do about it. There's a difference between that and NOT bein interested. Make sense? lol

You could always see if there's anybody on here who is possibly making a trip from up by where the engine is down toward where you are and could possibly pick the engine up for you and deliver it. Just my two cents.

To someone with all V8's, it's worth nothing. To someone who just blew their engine in their only family car, hundreds....

I'm saving my 63' slant and 4spd waiting for a T bucket project to put it in why give it away????

If it were closer I too would be interested.Gas over $4.00 a gallon would cost way too much to go get it .Especially at 10 mpg.

I've contacted two owners in the past week. Both had reasonable prices (200 OBO, one$250 with trans and 7 1/4, one with trans and Kframe) on the ads (Craigslist) and both had them posted for over a month, both low milage compelte running engines. I got responses from both initially, and then nothing a couple days later when i wanted to go get one... That was this past weekend.

I've got a free 225 slant six sitting in my garage if anyone wants it. It ran well when I pulled it last year.

i'm intrested in it,mine is leaking fluids from every part of the motor,and my trans is starting to go,my problem is free time.

Guess selling it wont really help my car fund at all if any. I wanted to keep it stashed in the garage for a future project anyway. Who know with gas prices I might want to put back in the old Dart! .........Naaahhhhh!!

A slant in a Dart can be made pretty fast to begin with. I don't get it why people are so quick to snatch um out.

You could always see if there's anybody on here who is possibly making a trip from up by where the engine is down toward where you are and could possibly pick the engine up for you and deliver it. Just my two cents.

Stuff like that hardly happens to me. I am always throwin out offers to help people, but rarely the reverse. I'm gonna keep on keepin on though.

I will say I have had a person or two in the very recent past help me out and it is much appreciated.

-
Back