225 to 440 engine swap question

-

rcronin

Reaction score
I've got a 70 dart swinger and I'm gonna swap the stock 225 slant 6 with a 440. Does anyone know what motor mounts and headers I can use to minimize the alterations I'll need to do to the engine compartment?

Thanks

I used the TTI headers and Shumacher /6 to RB mounts,looks just like the Mancini piece. You have to grind off some of the support perch for the oil filter clearance but the kit comes with instructions. The Shumacher headers are another option that may give you more room. Its a tight fit no matter what, check your oil pan too. 187 is one of the pans that should work.

I used the TTI headers and Shumacher /6 to RB mounts,looks just like the Mancini piece. You have to grind off some of the support perch for the oil filter clearance but the kit comes with instructions. The Shumacher headers are another option that may give you more room. Its a tight fit no matter what, check your oil pan too. 187 is one of the pans that should work.
I agree,,,also chk bigblkdart.com........my 71 was a /6 now 440..shumacher mounts and I went with hooker supercomp 5201 fenderwell headers and I like them but some dont,several ways to do it just research different sites and get a plan/chklist and DO IT..

-
Back