$23K Hang Ten - Are they crazy?

-
I guess to the right person it would be worth it, but I don't think those cars are as collectible or desirable as the seller thinks although it may have cost that much to restore.
I have always liked those cars though, pretty cool.

Like anything else,its worth what someone is willing to pay.In my opinion no,but I like studebakers and chubby girls

The mileage is reset. Some of the paperwork in the images shows 90K, so it's likely 125K.

IDK...is that the right gauge cluster? Should it have a seat belt fasten light and an Emission light?

Aloha Mike

Whoevers name is on the title gets to ask whatever they want for it. That seems to go for cars and parts. If we commented on every car and parts perceived to be overpriced on the net (let alone here on this site) it would be a mess.

This car was totally redone with a 340,everything on this car was brand new,engine/tranny/rear,interior,all panels in and out.Was a very cool car for a 75.I,m sure there was well over $23K spent.
SpringFling 2010 001.jpg

SpringFling 2010 001.jpg

wow, i mean that thing is in exceptional condition, but 23k? Especially for a car that i find to be more interesting then sought after. That interior color combo just seems so odd today.

About par for the course when it comes to these small used car dealerships. Looks like a decent car but they probably think they have a gold mine simply because it's an older v8 2 door car.

Back in the '90s there was a local place that would go find older 2 door cars, usually rusty pieces of crap, have their in-house "restoration expert" do his magic on it, then ask insane amounts of money for it. The typical restoration involved: filling it with bondo, giving it a crappy paint job to resemble a musclecar (a cutlass becomes a 442, a Charger becomes an R/T, Chevelle becomes an SS, etc), and then finding some cheap running v8 to repaint and swap into it. They usually had totally wrong paint schemes and emblems, and usually ran like crap and were slow as hell.
They would then park this bucket on some elaborate spinning display at the corner of their lot, to attract customers and give them a reputation as "musclecar guys".

I used to love going there and giving the salesman a hard time, pointing out the quarter panels made of fiberglass and bondo, the worn out suspensions, the wheezing misfiring engines, etc.

Great looking car, and very well documented, but I think this price is a little higher than the cars value. maybe in a few more years that price will look good, but, IMO that about 2 to 2 1/2 times that cars value.

Certainly a nice piece, though. If they could get right on the price, I wouldn't mind having it.

eh... price is a lil steep in my opinion, but they do that so someone can offer them $19K and still be in the black.

From what I have seen in this car market now days.. anything is fair game price wise... it all depends on who wants it... who pays for it... etc.. Crazy days.

-RPM

Maybe they saw the duster at an exotic/muscle car dealer near me?

That duster in my avatar is a restored 73' 318 A/T, AC, bench seat car and they want 14k for it. Its really nice, but not 14k nice.

Seems kinda high, but then, maybe so was the guy that priced it out? :toothy10:

Is it just me, or does the front bumper look like it's crooked, and pointing down?

And, is that an NOS surf board?

Meathead66... Can I assume your gauge cluster is correct? Do you have two electronic ignitions? Orange on the driver side and Blue on Passenger side?

Nice Hang10 Bra!

Aloha!

Meathead66... Can I assume your gauge cluster is correct? Do you have two electronic ignitions? Orange on the driver side and Blue on Passenger side?

Nice Hang10 Bra!

Aloha!

The blue box is a voltage regulator!!! duhhh#-o

The dash cluster is correct even though I painted it. Didn't like the way it ended
after the radio too abrupt. Did it my way.:-D

Thanks for the compliments.

If the underside of that car matches the rest, I could see it going for that price at a Barrett Jackson (maybe, on the right day and time).........

....you gotta admit it's one of the best examples out there.....you think? That photo spread is a TREASURE TROVE for the guys here who love those cars....GREAT reference shots for their restorations!!

I wouldn't pay that much cause it ain't my cup o' tea......but for the guy who loves that particular car, I think it ain't bad at all in that condition. :-D

-
Back