255-60-15 MT drag radials on my 68 dart

-

gtsdude

Reaction score
Got these drag radials after running a 235-60-15 BFG drag radial. My dart has super stock springs and moser big bolt pattern axles. Steel wheels off a dodge diplomat, 4.25 back space, 7 inches wide. Tires went on without rolling outside lip of the fenderwell or moving spring inboard. Over 1/4 inch clearance on fender well and little less than an inch to the spring and front wheel well, so far has not rubbed any where.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 552
According to the tire calculator, just throwing on the new tire will be almost .5" closer to the fender. You will either need to roll it or do some trimming. Also note that the new tire is about an 1" taller. I have 255/40/18's on my Dart. They're the same size, just an inch shorter. I got wheels that are almost perfectly centered in the wheel well and I have some slight rub on the fender side. And that's with about 1/4" or less clearance to the leaf springs.

I thought I would have to trim or roll the lip when I ordered this size, so far I have not but I need to lower the tire pressure to 18 and see if that changes anything. This size tire on a 7 inch rim makes the section width about .2 smaller, so right around 10 inches. About half the posts I read said they fit no problem, the other half said they will not fit without modifying outer lip and/or moving spring inboard. I wanted a taller and wider tire, the old BFG 235's would not hook with small shot of nitrous and it was spinning about 6,800 rpm through the traps, these tires should help a lot.

-
Back