26" stock radiator or 26" aluminum ??????

-

duster360

Reaction score
I am running the stock 22" radiator with shroud in my dart. Doesn't run quite as cool as I would like. It is tolerable but I would like to upgrade. Should I try the stock 26" 2 row with shroud or go to a 26" aluminum?

AFCO makes a nice affordable 26" aluminum rad, highly impressed with their prices and products.
---------------------------------------------------------------

If you're maybe thinking about getting a custom unit:

The "ideal rad" for a high-performance small-block (including 406/408 strokers & air conditioning) Mopar engines, in terms of cooling as well as weight, would be a 26" single row with at least 1.25" (1.5" preferably) tubes.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Check the entire AFCO catalog to see if they now offer one as described,
off-the-shelf, as a non-custom unit.

Ditto for checking the MODINE catalog also.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget a well-sealed shroud, high-perf electric fan, high-quality WP and T-stat are all also necessary to complete your cooling system.

HTH :)

Aluminum is real tempting. Almost bought one a time or two. Just haven't made myself hit the buy it now button.

I just picked up a 22 inch 2 row aluminum from champion radiator for 159.00 looks like a good piece of equipment will find out installing it today.

Where did you find it for $159.00?

i GOT THE 3 ROW CHAMPION FOR 179 SHIPPED A YEAR AGO POLISHED IT TO LIKE CHROME FINISH 22 INCH PUT RIGHT IN MY 67 CUDA WORKS GREAT.

I have pretty much talked myself into buying one, the 22" that is. Just need to figure out if I want ( or need ) the 3 or 4 row.

Let me know when you are ready - also, if you find it for a lower advertised price than what I have quoted you, I should be able to match - keeping it in the FABO family

-
Back