270 Dart Charger

-

dart64gt

Reaction score
ULF here are some pictures of the 270 Dart Charger that I was trying to send you so let me know what you think like you said may be one of one a 270 Dart Charger. Oh what do you think it is worth if I decide to sell it. It was white when it was new.
Earl

20170419_115725_001.jpg

20170419_150419_001.jpg

20170419_150318_001.jpg

20170419_150301_001.jpg

ULF here are some pictures of the 270 Dart Charger that I was trying to send you so let me know what you think like you said may be one of one a 270 Dart Charger. Oh what do you think it is worth if I decide to sell it. It was white when it was new. Here are some more.
Earl

20170419_150344_001.jpg

20170419_150710_001.jpg

20170419_150344_001.jpg

I merged both of your threads for you. Great car!

Does it have any of the other charger stuff besides just the fender emblems? Doesn't have the wheels, and don't see the dash emblem. Maybe someone just added the fender emblems to a regular Dart 270.

If that's the fender tag off your car the engine code is 31, isn't that for 273 2 barrel Vehicles?

My 66 barracuda formula S was 32 for 273 4 barrel.

Maybe it's the wrong tag or ?

I thought they were all GT trim. Looks like it was white originally which would be the wrong color. Looks like they goofed on the spacing on the fender tag, but that's not a real issue.

If that's the fender tag off your car the engine code is 31, isn't that for 273 2 barrel Vehicles?

My 66 barracuda formula S was 32 for 273 4 barrel.

Maybe it's the wrong tag or ?

If I remember correctly the engine code was different between '65 and '66 for the 273 four barrel (or it was between '66 and '67).

Yes, 31 is for 2 barrel. Someone probably just tried to make it look like a charger model. Too many things incorrect about it to be a factory model.

If I remember correctly the engine code was different between '65 and '66 for the 273 four barrel (or it was between '66 and '67).
I think you're right Jim, codes for 64 and 65 were different form 66.
I'm not totally up on dart chargers, what year(s) were they? The car has the hipo exhaust tip and valance cut out.

The car has the hipo exhaust tip and valance cut out.
All Hypo cars had that. The color is correct. I also noticed that the fender tag stamping was shifted but I have seen that before. How come it isn't the original body color? Is that red colored primer or painted? Curious.

All Hypo cars had that. The color is correct. I also noticed that the fender tag stamping was shifted but I have seen that before. How come it isn't the original body color? Is that red colored primer or painted? Curious.

I had the fender tag off and clean it and primer it has the hipo 273 hp I have never seen a stock dual point dist only in the hi po engines there was a dart charger emblem on the dash as I took it off as with the 13 inch cragers that had the chargers emblem and you could order it in what ever color you wanted this car was dealer install charger option This car was order from tha local Ontairo dodge dealer in Ca. the hi output 273 i got this car from the original owner and he told me is dad order the 270 that way and had the put the charger stuff on it like the dealer install air. The charger I use to have a 65 Dart Gt Charger but it was a 4 speed with 323 posi. I bought this car only because of all paper work I got with the car. Back in those days you could order any thing you wanted as a option. Maybe he didn't have the money for a Gt but it came with hi po 273 from the factory the dealer did not install them. Any way the the fender tags are different on 66 cars . As soon as I hear from Ulf I will see what he says.

I had the fender tag off and clean it and primer it has the hipo 273 hp I have never seen a stock dual point dist only in the hi po engines there was a dart charger emblem on the dash as I took it off as with the 13 inch cragers that had the chargers emblem and you could order it in what ever color you wanted this car was dealer install charger option This car was order from tha local Ontairo dodge dealer in Ca. the hi output 273 i got this car from the original owner and he told me is dad order the 270 that way and had the put the charger stuff on it like the dealer install air. The charger I use to have a 65 Dart Gt Charger but it was a 4 speed with 323 posi. I bought this car only because of all paper work I got with the car. Back in those days you could order any thing you wanted as a option. Maybe he didn't have the money for a Gt but it came with hi po 273 from the factory the dealer did not install them. Any way the the fender tags are different on 66 cars . As soon as I hear from Ulf I will see what he says.
Of course. You could get the Charger 273's in 270's and GT"s. I have never seen one in a 170 model. The car that got me started in Mopars back in the early 70's was a white 65 Dart 270 sedan with a Charger 273 and a column shift 3 speed. Now I find out it was one of a dozen or so built. Yes, the Dart Chargers were either factory built from California, dealer modified, or customer modified.

I thought all the Dart Chargers were pale yellow. This car appears to be white originally (WW1 paint code).

I thought all the Dart Chargers were pale yellow. This car appears to be white originally (WW1 paint code).

I thought this too. Perhaps all the 273 hipo stuff was dealer installed... The 31 engine code and white paint has me thinking maybe the dealer installed story jives

-
Back