-
Status
Not open for further replies.

MILO

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
Lookin for a commando/charger type air cleaner base to fit my carter afb the one I have has to large of opening for afb carb I tried a adaptor but it makes the air cleaner sit too high for clearance. pm me if have one. thanks

Lookin for a commando/charger type air cleaner base to fit my carter afb the one I have has to large of opening for afb carb I tried a adaptor but it makes the air cleaner sit too high for clearance. pm me if have one. thanks

try Mr Gasket, They have the small aircleaners.

Im kinda lookin for an original mabe someone has one who installed a biger carburetor and had to get a larger base. My afb has 4 7/32 inch top.

I think those came from the factory with a 1/2 in thick spacer. There was one on e-bay a while back. Could be wrong but mine did not fit either.

If your adapter makes the hood clearance to high, you might try using a shorter air filter. Don't go to short though or you will have cleance issues with the lid on the manifold end. As dart4forte suggested, the Mr. Gasket base works good. I use the same setup on my car and it is a good alternative until you can find the very rare and pricey original. Good luck with your project.

I've got an original base that I can't use because of my newer carb, $15.00 plus shipping and its yours.

PM me if you're interested.

when do we get to see some pics?
carscaled.JPG

Here it is when I first got it last summer from San Francisco

carscaled.JPG

I've got an original base that I can't use because of my newer carb, $15.00 plus shipping and its yours.

PM me if you're interested.

Thanks Scott for your help it arived today looks great and thanks FABO

Picture%201769.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back