273 65 cuda exhaust

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
was the right side cross over pipe flattened ( factory). ????? local guy bending pipe I hAve fsm but it doesn't give any particulars.

This is factory original 273 4 bbl exhaust pipes... It is "flattened" on the top side of where it crosses under the back end of the oil pan... And again where it joins the left side going into the collector pipe...

(Hope I understood your question...)

Attachments

• BOTT273.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 341
  • CLINK.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 322
This is factory original 273 4 bbl exhaust pipes... It is "flattened" on the top side of where it crosses under the back end of the oil pan... And again where it joins the left side going into the collector pipe...

(Hope I understood your question...)

my guy doing the exhaust bending hopefully will get her done next week, ( been there 2 weeks already). the cross over pipe has been a challenge for him I guess. he works on it when not doing " real mechanic" jobs!!! LOL
I can't afford the tti and other co.'s mandrel bent pipes plus shipping!

Not sure what he will charge you, but I have decided to order mine through Walden.s Exhaust. It was 5 something for the complete exhaust. If you look on the exhaust site here there are some post about them. 4 weeks for set made from scratch, but would be same as original.

the local guy can not do the mandrel deal. I have an estimate before he started, said could do it NO problem. so he best not be too much over that. I left him the FSM, also the pics clifcuda65 sent me ( thanks clif cuda), so if he has problems that's on his plate not mine! should be about $175.
I don't miond him working on this project when not too bust with his " main" customers, but getting into the 3 rd week. he supposed has it all figured out, just needs to get her done!

update, he got it all completed, nice clean job, total came to $230. not bad I figure! now if I can find the resonator for $50 !!???? thinking I might look for tractor staraght thru muf, and fab the ext out of stainless. ???

update, he got it all completed, nice clean job, total came to $230. not bad I figure! now if I can find the resonator for $50 !!???? thinking I might look for tractor staraght thru muf, and fab the ext out of stainless. ???

Awesome !!! Glad he got-it-done for you!!!

Consider the Summit ( SUM-630802 ) Racing Glasspack Round 4 inch straight thru Muffler with 2-1/4 in/out and add on a "stainless" 4-3/4 x 2-1/4 ext. tip...

Clif of Az. :coffee2:

Attachments

• cowbell.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 126
  • cowbellr.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 130
Awesome !!! Glad he got-it-done for you!!!

Consider the Summit ( SUM-630802 ) Racing Glasspack Round 4 inch straight thru Muffler with 2-1/4 in/out and add on a "stainless" 4-3/4 x 2-1/4 ext. tip...

Clif of Az. :coffee2:

that is what i'm thinking. I even have a co. doen the road ( bout 15 mi is down the road), that does nothin but stainless fab so I have good place toi get some scrape for cheap!!!! that's for the info!!!!! i'm gonna cheap on tractor mufflers too, might even be cheaper and no postage.

-
Back