273 Commando pistons

-

SWED67barracuda

Reaction score
Hi, did all 273:s come with pistons that has four valve relieves in them. Engine in question is a 1965 one. My 67`273 commando had them. Can Commando pistons be identified by other means? numbers or measurments perhaps. Cheers Ubbe.

Hi, did all 273:s come with pistons that has four valve relieves in them. Engine in question is a 1965 one. My 67`273 commando had them. Can Commando pistons be identified by other means? numbers or measurments perhaps. Cheers Ubbe.
Commando pistons had a dome and 2 valve reliefs. Will add pictures later...

P1010004.JPG

P1010006.JPG

P1010008.JPG

Last edited:
Commando pistons had a dome and 2 valve reliefs. Will add pictures later...
Oh sorry. I was looking at my photos when you were posting. It's a rabbit hole when I open my "Engine overhaul" file. I have to look at every one. :BangHead: :BangHead: :lol:

I must remember wrong about the Commando engine i had in the 80:s. So i got a 2bbl engine for a 100 bucks. still, fine crank ,rods ,rockers and stuff. Thank`s.

Never say never with Ma Mopar. The vehicles were thrown together back then and it could be possible for a 2 barrel long block to get dressed like a 4 barrel. Who knows why for sure. The workers would grab the next one from the line and do their thing. Just like my 66. It doesn't have bucket seat reinforcements for the floor pan. Someone goofed and they didn't install them or my car got a bench seat floor pan.

-
Back