273 Commando valve covers

-
I was talking about this pic....lol. I knew who's car it was the instant I saw it. I ain't picked at him about it in a while. :)
Yea I know. I was just picking on myself for saying 289 in the title lol

Out of curiosity I went out to the shop and looked and it appears someone cut the wire holds off you can see where there was something and it was ground off. So I'm thinking these are 65s without the center wire hold.

Sounds right. You can get the wiring tabs cheap and spot weld them back on. 65 covers then, save em or sell them.

Get whatever you can for them. IMO, they're ruined for a restoration since the plug wire holders are all bad, except for maybe the one that isn't cut on the same cover. The other cover, both wire holders have had holes drilled into them. It's the plug wire holders, electrical wire harness holders, and the wrinkle paint that make them a Commando/Charger 273 valve cover.

Easy and cheap for the electrical wiring tabs. Same for the black wrinkle paint. Not perfect but if the fins are cleaned up, they'd look pretty nice.

If you’re going to scrap them, maybe message Leanna first and see if she wants them. If anybody can make those new again, it would be her.

If you’re going to scrap them, maybe message Leanna first and see if she wants them. If anybody can make those new again, it would be her.
Thanks Geof! I have some core fins in my stash (not for sale) and a homemade tool that reaches under the baffle to help with "stovepipe crush" but they're not easy to fix.

-
Back