273 engine mount?

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
did the 65 dart 273 take a thicker or thinner motor mount ???? ( insulator so call it). or does it matter ????? thanks

that's what I thought, but I was looking for mounts for another engine, and they ( Rock auto) show the thin ones. I know the last 273 I put in I used the thick ones! LOL O r eilly don't even have available... DUH

I thought that the thick ones were truck mounts and the thin ones were car mounts...

On the 64-66 A-bodies, the difference was not in the engine mount, the clearance was in the center link. IIRC, the /6 and the LA had different center links. For a fact, they used the same center link on all A-bodies from 1972 on.

save your self the headache . i just went through this . I was told the 318 and the 273 are the same block the thin ones did not fit on the k frame of the 63 to 66. the thick ones didn't either . I have both if you would like to try them. buy the schumacher mounts for your make and engine size and move on . if you need the k frame for that year I have that too.

I bought the thick mounts, have the OEM engine mount brackets, 273 into 65 cuda. dropped right in, tranny mount bracket went right in.

BUT when I search motor mount brackets under different auto parts co. I find some showing the thick and some the thin ones. that's why I asked..

I pulled a 273 out of 65 dart that was last on road back in 1980, it had the thick mounts. curious what the thin ones went to? maybe 273 B body???? just wondering. trying to expand my (limited) knowledge!!! LOL

-
Back