273 exhaust flange gasket

-
Reaction score
I have a '64 Dart with 273 2v engine. I'm having difficult time finding exhaust flange gasket for my 273. Parts houses have exhaust flange gaskets for slant 6 and for the HIPO 273, but no listing for the base 273. Think mine is the 2.25 diameter exhaust. The gasket goes between the Y pipe and exhaust manifolds. I'd appreciate any information such as mfg and part number.

If you have stock correct parts there is no flange gasket. exhaust and manifold are a metal to metal fit. I dont have a good picture of what I mean. the pipe is flared out and goes over the "Ball" of the manifold. Hard to explain.
attachment.php

Thanks for the info and photo. As long as I clean the manifold and Y pipe, and make sure it is a good fit that should work. I appreciate your help.

Thanks for the info and photo. As long as I clean the manifold and Y pipe, and make sure it is a good fit that should work. I appreciate your help.
You are welcome:cheers:

If the "ball' is pitted, you may not be able to seal it with conventional methods. Maybe run some ultra-copper around it before you seat it.

If you have stock correct parts there is no flange gasket. exhaust and manifold are a metal to metal fit. I dont have a good picture of what I mean. the pipe is flared out and goes over the "Ball" of the manifold. Hard to explain.
attachment.php

Correct term would be, ball and flange. Those do look pitted, so use some sealer.

Thanks for the tip. Copper would form and be gas tight. This is an original '64 Dart that appears to have low miles and it was in storage for years, and now runs great except it needs a new clutch and re-seal the trans. Moving the exhaust pipe gives a bit more room, but could work around it. Thanks again for the advice.

There is a product you can put on the ball before putting the pipe up. It is in a tube and is gray and the name is muffler cement.

-
Back