273 power? HOW?

-
I'll have to add the balancer to my list of parts needed. Thanks for that info.So the motor mounts and the timing cover will work?
Ty

The front cover will work on a 340, the motor mounts won't. Also the 273 crankshaft will fit in a 340, and it's a forged unit.

The motor mount is different on the left side, but the 273 mount can be made to work with a small welding mod or some people have been able to use washers somehow to make it work - not certain. Schumacher makes mounts that will work on any small blocks in the early A body, google them. Otherwise all the 273 stuff will bolt on to a 318 340 or 360 whatever. There is one minor difference in the chain cover, there is one extra bolt hole that mopar eliminated in the later production engines, but it can left empty without any issues.

I ended up using a 318 because the motor was free and already machined :toothy10:

I am also looking to squeeze a little more power out of my 273. The motor has been recently rebuilt, and I want to bump it up a few. I was thinking the stock 4 barrel from a formula S, 600 CFM carb, a mild cam, and headers.
Question is, which cam, and which headers will work without modifying anything?

-
Back