273 rocker arm adjustment

-
Late to the party...I just fired up my motor finally after almost 20 years. Running kind of crappy so far, Plenty of Oil pressure, some noisy lifter. I'm waiting to see if they pump up but from my recollection and from what I'm reading here, I may have the rockers (hydraulics) set too loose. I'll check that coming up soon but I also see the comments regarding the "notches". I was completely ignorant of that as a youngster so I have no idea what to expect when I look. I do think a young me would have paid pretty close attention to the functional details though; I guess I'll find out!

Late to the party...I just fired up my motor finally after almost 20 years. Running kind of crappy so far, Plenty of Oil pressure, some noisy lifter. I'm waiting to see if they pump up but from my recollection and from what I'm reading here, I may have the rockers (hydraulics) set too loose. I'll check that coming up soon but I also see the comments regarding the "notches". I was completely ignorant of that as a youngster so I have no idea what to expect when I look. I do think a young me would have paid pretty close attention to the functional details though; I guess I'll find out!
What engine and what year? 99% of the Mopar hydraulic cam engines are non adjustable.

What engine and what year? 99% of the Mopar hydraulic cam engines are non adjustable.
Motor is a '70 340, Mike but I'd made numerous updates back in the day including cam and lifters along with a set of adjustable rockers from a 273 as I had also had the heads shaved .030.

Motor is a '70 340, Mike but I'd made numerous updates back in the day including cam and lifters along with a set of adjustable rockers from a 273 as I had also had the heads shaved .030.
Thanks. They may come out of the rattle with some fresh oil and run time. You can always adjust them if necessary.

-
Back