273 to 360 swap in a b body, any advise on an alignment problem ?

-

big block scott

Reaction score
hi,
i'm attempting an engine swap in my son's 68 satellite. taking out a 273 with a 904 and replacing with a 360 and the same 904 tranny. i have the special flexplate as recomended by another thread but the engine mounts don't seem to line up properly to let the engine hook to the tranny. i have the left side lined up but the right side of ths engine seems too high and doesn't match up to the tranny or the frame mounts. i' m not an experienced engine swapper but i thought small block to small block would be easy. oops now he's driving my other car will i figure this out. i'm using the engine brackets off of the 273 motor and i'm wondering if this i my problem.
the sooner i finish this , the sooner i can go back to work on my 67 dart build. i would really appreciate any advise on this matter.
thank you,
scott

hi caferacerx,
thanks for the reply, are you referring to the rubber insulator or the steel engine mount bracket that bolts to the block. or both ? i bought new rubber insulators from the auto parts store for a 360 and they appeared to be the same as the 273 insulators. the steel engine block brackets that were on the engine that my son purchased came from a motor home and they are way different, much taller up off the frame , any idea what application i should ask for to get the correct stuff ? thanks again for any helpful info.
scott

-
Back