273 v8

-

thunderfoot84

thunderfoot
Reaction score
I have a 67 fastback barracuda that my parents bought new in 67 and i parked it in a barn in 76. Just pulled it out and want to keep it all original, but want a little more fun. I want to basically make it a cammando. Can anyone tell me what cam to use? I am going to 10.5:1 pistons and a new intake to accomodate the 4 brl carb. Any and all other tips will be of great help to me.

I can't speak with any of my own experience, but 10.5:1 on the street with iron heads *may* lead to some detonation...unless you run a pretty healthy cam with a good amount of overlap to bleed off some of that cylinder pressure. Otherwise, I bet it would be a lot of fun to drive!

I'm with Rocky though-post pics!!

Well, I got the motor pulled and taken apart... The crankshaft was snapped in half! Bizzar! Well, I guess that's why it was frozen! LOL. Must have been a flaw in it. Can't immagine a stock 2 brl 273 snapped it with horsepower!! Thank you guys for the comments. Any ideas where I find a crankshaft? Besides the one available on Summit Racing for $800!

Check the for sale threads here, you can probably find one. This is just what I have heard, but running 10.5:1 will be difficult on pump gas....

This thread is 12 days old and no pics yet?? C'mon!!

Awesome!

Unless running aluminum heads or nasty cam I'd keep the compression around 9:1.

Also, would a 318 crank work for him? I have read the converter would need changed, any other changes needed?

-
Back