275-60-15s on a Dart

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
I know MT Nemo runs that size, Heres another Dart with them stuffed in there This car is cool.

4ae9_1.JPG

4d0f_1.JPG

6a73_1.JPG

The springs are moved in with offset shackles, The wheel lip is rolled back and the rims are 15X8 with 5" backspacing.

AdamR do you know how far are the shackles offset? How much room there is to the leafspring from the tire sidewall? And from the sidewall to the inner fender lip?
Got to love a Dart with some meat under the back end.

The shackles are offset about 3/4". Its got to be tight still though. Its got 002/003 springs on it also.

I was thinking of doing this on my car to get some added room but wasn't sure about the perches being moved in 3/4" as well. ??? Might be a good idea for me to do it now since the rear is still out of the car.

Dont forget, you need perfect back spacing on the wheels to get them to fit. But they will fit.

Yes, mine fit with NO mods. I did get custom backspaced 15 inch wheels from Stockton though. One mod I am going to try, is moving the axle back 3/4 inch to make the tires look more centered. NOTE*** Rear axle must be perfectly centered for this to work(a lot of Mopars had as much as 3/4 inch offset, side to side)

Hey Adam, I haven't forgotten about you, things have been really hectic here.

132_3279 (Small).JPG

132_3280 (Small).JPG

So what was the rim size and backspace you guys used to get them to fit?
Also how much room do you have between the leafspring and the sidewall and the sidewall and the inner fender?
Last question, did either of you cut or roll the inner lip?
Your Darts look killer.

I'd have to take one off to measure, but I believe it was 4 5/8, or 4 3/4 inches backspacing. Clearances are tight, but there is no rubbing with 28 psi.(at this pressure, these babies hook up great) I did NOT roll any lips, or move any perches. I do have coil over shocks, and heavy springs.

16x8in rims 5in. backspacing w a few 1/8in spacers. tires are 27x10.5x16 (slight trim on lip) for my other tires 245x45x17 w/4.5in backspacing

I dont think I would run a pair of slick with spacers. Thats an accident waiting to happend.

Really? 1/8 spacer really going to degrade the strength of the wheel that much? I have 15x8 rims with 5.5 BS and 28x10 MT ET's with a 1/8th spacer the wheel is pretty centered in the well and without the spacer it rubs. It's a simple fix, offset hangers or smaller tires, but both are $500 dollar solutions. I would hate to rip a wheel off but on the other hand it is just a stock 318 :sad:

:withstup:
never mind, I just read my post and realized how stupid I sound, going to get new 28 x 9 tires tomorrow.

I found my invoice from Stockton, and my back-spacing was 4 1/4 inches on a 7 inch rim.

275/60/15's on a 7" rim! everyone I talk to says it can't be done and I was gonna prove them wrong, but it sounds like you beat me to it.

I made my own offset front hanger and shackle. I'm running a set of 255/60/15
now. But I have to get something set for the front before I can drop anymore
cash into the rear end.
I put on a set of lowering blocks to keep the rear end lower when I get the 275's.

Really? 1/8 spacer really going to degrade the strength of the wheel that much? I have 15x8 rims with 5.5 BS and 28x10 MT ET's with a 1/8th spacer the wheel is pretty centered in the well and without the spacer it rubs. It's a simple fix, offset hangers or smaller tires, but both are $500 dollar solutions. I would hate to rip a wheel off but on the other hand it is just a stock 318 :sad:

As long as you have a nice solid spacer I wouldn't worry. In fact I think the NHRA rule book allows up to a 1/4" spacer

-
Back