28th St. Cruise- Grand Rapids, Mich.

-

Dodge33

Reaction score
Yesterday morning, my brother and I took a small trip up to the 28th St. cruise in Grand Rapids, Mich. We just went as spectators, but did get around a
bit too. It was packed, tons of all different kinds of rides, and also left the digital camera at the shop:banghead:! One of the bright spots, was I got to meet Jimmy Shine, one of the co-owners of So-Cal Speed Shop.... and got an autogragh from him and talked for about 5 mins. He is much different in person, than he seems on the show (Car Warriors). Pretty cool dude for sure!

I made one pass Saturday around 5 up and down 28th st. with the 70 Swinger. it was its maiden voyage, and things went ok, but it was pretty much stop and go traffic the whole way. lots o people!

Was down there from about 10-12 with my buddy. Way nice cars - tons of people! There was a MOPAR only show at the other end of 28th st at the dealership. We were in my buddy's Bronco so he didn't want to stop! He may change his mind when I get the Duster done! LOL!

One of the first cars I saw was a silver or white tubbed out Roadrunner with a blown big block in it cruising down the road!!!! Had a flat aluminum wing on the back and the much needed parachute too! Bad *** car for sure!!!!!!

Congrats on meeting him. Shame on you for not having your camera....

How you guys doin? Say "hi" to your brother for me.

I'll be in town on Sep 20, but no time for hanging out. My BF's oldest daughter is getting married. I've know him before she was even born! Makes me feel old when this stuff happens....

-
Back