28x9 slicks with stock wells

-

jcmmurray

Reaction score
Anyone out there fit a 28x9 slick with 3/4" offset kit ? Currently running caltracks -1 mono springs with the 3/4" kit. Looks like Goodyear slicks have the least section width. I have already trimmed my lip to max and took an inch off the back. I really want to avoid doing the SS cutout but need a taller tire for 1/8 mile. My 27x10 quick time pro seem dam near max. Might have to get caltracks 0 or +1 rear side springs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 489
I have 28x9x15 Hooser slick under my 65 Barracuda; I have the 3/4 inch inboard relocation kit. You will most likely want to put a 1/2 inch spacer ( I did) in front of your front spring mount to move the wheels/axle back.

Help me out here real fast; what are -1 mono leafs? I'm guessing they drop the car 1 inch from normal ride height; correct? That could be a problem. If it is, try a 1 inch spacer to lift the car.

What is your offset on your wheels?

I would move my springs in to the frame rail before I would ruin the wheel well opening. I think SS wheel well cutout looks ridiculous.

Yes. -1 mono springs were to drop the car. Calvert offered me a good deal. I could send in my back half of springs and they would replace them with either +1 or 0 for free. Just pay for shipping. I'd say that's pretty good of them. But for me with shipping to and from Canada it would be cheaper to just buy a new set for the discounted price they offered me. Great fellas to deal with. My rims I believe are 5.5 " offset. if I remember correctly I have 1/2 " of usable space to the springs. Weld racing rims only go up in 1" increments so I could get a 6.5 offset and space out the 1/2" - 1/4" needed. I'm with you D-50. the SS cutouts look silly.

Yes. -1 mono springs were to drop the car. Calvert offered me a good deal. I could send in my back half of springs and they would replace them with either +1 or 0 for free. Just pay for shipping. I'd say that's pretty good of them. But for me with shipping to and from Canada it would be cheaper to just buy a new set for the discounted price they offered me. Great fellas to deal with. My rims I believe are 5.5 " offset. if I remember correctly I have 1/2 " of usable space to the

springs. Weld racing rims only go up in 1" increments so I could get a 6.5 offset and space out the 1/2" - 1/4" needed. I'm with you D-50. the SS cutouts look silly.

My 73 dart when I bought it had the springs moved in and the outer fender lip rolled in. ALSO HAS the stock wheel wells.with all that I am runing weld drag lights size 15x8 with 4.5 BS. Tire size is a M/T ET STREET DRAG RADIAL SIZE 275-60-15. Springs are mopar 002/003 super springs

My rims might be 4.5 as well. I can't remember what I ordered, either 4.5 or 5.5 not home to measure at the moment. Probably use what's left of these tires until fall and do what I have to do in the winter to have them fit. I've been over budget years ago so it's a good thing im just bracket racing.

I had 28/10.5W's on my Demon with the springs moved in 3 in. with stock wheel wells on a 10 in rim. The slicks were close to 12 in, wide. SS springs with a 2 in. lowering blocks.

Attachments

• Demon 2 001.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 255
Anyone out there fit a 28x9 slick with 3/4" offset kit ? Currently running caltracks -1 mono springs with the 3/4" kit. Looks like Goodyear slicks have the least section width. I have already trimmed my lip to max and took an inch off the back. I really want to avoid doing the SS cutout but need a taller tire for 1/8 mile. My 27x10 quick time pro seem dam near max. Might have to get caltracks 0 or +1 rear side springs.

With the work you did to your wheel openings in this picture, you should have no problem putting 28x9 slicks on there. I have them on my car, stock wheel openings, 3/4" offset spring hangers, only had to roll the lip.

hoosier 28x9x15 on mine, rear wheel well lips shaved and thats it

I put 28x9 MT slicks on 7.5 inch wide wheels with 4.25 back space on my 68 dart, they fit but rubbed on the outside fender lip. I have SS springs in stock location and mosher axles. They were about 1/4 inch from the front wheel lip and a little over 3/8 inch from the leaf spring. If you have 3/4 offset and wheel well trimmed already, you should be good to go, unless it is sitting too low and rubs on the inside of the quarter panel, also check the front of the wheel opening, may need a 1 inch spacer for front of the leaf spring hanger like mentioned.

I had 28/10.5W's on my Demon with the springs moved in 3 in. with stock wheel wells on a 10 in rim. The slicks were close to 12 in, wide. SS springs with a 2 in. lowering blocks.

What BS was your wheels? Also was that with a stock width rearend?

-
Back