-
Status
Not open for further replies.

paintinfool3

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have a 291 hemi for sale out of a 1955 Desoto fireflite, the motor runs with no low end knocks but could probably stand the valvetrain rocker shafts removed and cleaned as the are not oiling well .. holds 60 psi oil pressure asking $1700 or best offer.I will be using the fuel pump and water pump from the motor for the one I am installing in the car but I have another water pump for it that needs rebuild. pic is while it was in the car with all stuff on it. ask any questions ... I will also throw in a auto trans but I don't know anything about it ... fluid was clean in it but I haven't used it

Attachments

• DSCN0872.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 1,168
Not in a Desoto. The 392 Hemi's were for the Chrysler's. The Desoto's had their one line of Hemi's seperate from the Chryslers and Dodges and hardly any parts are interchangable. I know this info because I was asking about a 291 Hemi just recently and learned the differences.

Joe

yes the 291 hemi was a one year only desoto motor 1955 and yes the parts are a little more difficult to find for them ... cams have to be reground , waterpumps have to be rebuilt , the oil pumps can be changed to a 340 oil pump via adapter kit from hot hemi heads ... they had a transmission adapter plate and that could be changed to allow for the three speed automatic that was more readily available... these and the 276 had alot of parts in common but that was about it as far as parts interchange although i have seen some info on changing the heads out with the bigger ones ... it was sort of a cool motor though

Hi, I know this may be a long shot ...but do you still have the 291 FireFlite for sale ?

Thanks.

Tim

oh and yes I do still have the motor ... I haven't had time to advertise it anywhere else as I have been busy at the shop and with my 2nd job

here is a couple of pics of the new motor in the car and back on frame

Attachments

• 20150630_191436_resized.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 345
  • 20150630_132411_resized.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 349
  • 20150630_132433_resized.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 357
Is that 291 the 4BBl dual point version? I had a 55 sedan with the 2 speed auto on the dash....

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back