2bbl carb from truck slant on a car slant???

-

snowcrow

2 Time dart owner
Reaction score
is it possible to use a 2bbl carb from a trucks slant 6 on a darts slant six with them both being the 225?

Yes, it should be possible if you take all the assorted pieces to the truck carb including but not limited to: intake, kickdown linkage, throttle cable, fuel line, choke assembly, air breather.

Not all of these parts are required for 2bbl to 2bbl swapping, but if you are going from a 1bbl you will need much of the trucks parts. What are the years of the car and the truck? What kind of car?

is it possible to use a 2bbl carb from a trucks slant 6 on a darts slant six with them both being the 225?

Sounds like your doing a super six conversion.
I assume we are talking about a 2bbl Carter BBD. Yes,the carb will work on a car or truck.My favorite BBD to use for the super six is off of a early 318 car.
Good luck !

i want to go from my single bbl to the 2 bbl carb and i know im gonna need to switch out alot of stuff. i was curious cause it seems to be cheaper to buy a truck 2 bbl than a car 2 bbl for some reason. not doin a 6 pack (wish i was) just doin an upgrade. oh and its a 76 dart

i want to go from my single bbl to the 2 bbl carb and i know im gonna need to switch out alot of stuff. i was curious cause it seems to be cheaper to buy a truck 2 bbl than a car 2 bbl for some reason. not doin a 6 pack (wish i was) just doin an upgrade.

Understand your not doing a 6 pack.
The conversion you are doing is called a "Super Six" conversion.
You will need:
2bbl intake
2bbl carb....(Carter BBD)
Kick down/throttle linkage-bracket
Your exhaust manifold will work

Understand your not doing a 6 pack.
The conversion you are doing is called a "Super Six" conversion.
You will need:
2bbl intake
2bbl carb....(Carter BBD)
Kick down/throttle linkage-bracket
Your exhaust manifold will work

oh i thought a super 6 was a slant with a 6 pack on it haha doesnt sound like a hard upgrade...

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Gasket-1937-Carburetor-Adapter/dp/B00068OQ1U/ref=pd_sim_auto_2"]Amazon.com: Mr. Gasket 1937 Carburetor Adapter Kit: Automotive[/ame]

bad idea or good idea?

oh i thought a super 6 was a slant with a 6 pack on it haha doesnt sound like a hard upgrade...

I guess the first one could be called a 6 pak for a slant or the next one a 3 pak

Attachments

• intakes 009.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 395
  • intakes 007.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 358
i was told i could keep the single barrel and just upgrade the jets to get more acceleration out of the setup? would this actually work? im just wanting to do this so i dont have to worry about being able to merge into traffic fast enough without lagging out in the middle of the road.

Going to bigger jets isn't going to make your car noticeably faster. Having it tuned up correctly is the first step. Super sixing and going to a 2 1/4" exhaust will make it much peppier but there is $$$ involved there.

I did the super six conversion with parts from a truck. It runs much better now, especially on the freeway. If the manifolds are already matched together don't try to separate them, you'll end up breaking the bolts and the fix is to drill em out and re-tap.

-
Back