2bbl linkage on a 4 bbl.... Hope this helps somebody

-

318willrun

Utube channel 318willrun
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the bad video. My normal camera is gone right now.
A lot of folks wonder what to do about the linkage when putting a 4bbl on a 318 2bbl. Many buy the Lokar cables (not cheap), and many look for factory 4bbl linkages (not cheap). Here is what I've done lots of times, and you can make it look as nice as you want according to how much time you want to put into it. This is a quick 15 minute set up, and your driving!

I hope you can re-do that video for us, a little hard to determine the finer details. I plan on this conversion soon. Thank you.

I hope you can re-do that video for us, a little hard to determine the finer details. I plan on this conversion soon. Thank you.
My camera is gone for a couple of weeks. Maybe zoom in on this picture, and with what I say on the video, it will be more obvious. I will redo the return springs.
sdc11170-jpg.1714949952

Last edited:
There have been many similar posts here over the years. Most common theme, "I can't get wide open throttle from accelerator pedal".
Personally, I would never gerry rig what makes one go or what makes one stop.
Good luck to all.

There have been many similar posts here over the years. Most common theme, "I can't get wide open throttle from accelerator pedal".
Personally, I would never gerry rig what makes one go or what makes one stop.
Good luck to all.
Plenty of adjustment for wide open throttle. I guess you could call anything that didn't come from the factory Gerry riggin'. Period. All the after market pieces, like Lokar cables, are Gerry rigged to work and then produced in a mass, professional manner.
Here is a common quote from a Lokar customer I just copied and pasted.
"I run one my 360 with an A500 behind it. Works ok. Bracket is a little flimsy, and I had to add another spring down on the trans, but can't remember why. Also, the trans bracket hit my trans tunnel. I will be making a better fitting one later. For now, I just bent the stock one".

So now it just turns into a beauty contest.... :)

Last edited:
Most of my cars were 4 speeds, and the Dart....if I live long enough.....is a manual VB. So no kickdown ot worry about. Over the years, most anything I've owned with a non factory carb has had "some form of bolt" in the throttle. I did normally use nylock nuts and don't remember any failure from that type of Jury/ Jerry/ Gerry "riggin."

No, this ain't mine LOL

brake-light-switch.jpg

Slum-3.jpg

-
Back