2dr post 68 Dart explain..

-
Here's mine with a big post behind it.

march 4 2017 bracket race.jpg

I have heard that 2dr POST cars weigh less than hard tops, and that made them a good choice for a racer. Thoughts?

I have heard that 2dr POST cars weigh less than hard tops, and that made them a good choice for a racer. Thoughts?
You are right about that.
And to add, they are stiffer overall in construction as well as they are generally cheaper to buy because most people like the looks of hard tops.
BTW, a 4 door sedan is probably the best choice for a strong bodied race car if you want to build a car on the cheap.
However, most people will overlook this fact because they don't like the looks or are worried that people won't like their ''old man or old lady car''.
I like them personally, but they aren't for everyone of course.
And they are dirt cheap comparatively speaking to buy a good one.

Idk about lighter but I was always told they are stiffer. And have less twist which makes sense to me

I have a 2dr post 1955 Plymouth Belvedere that I'm making into a gasser. I think post cars from the 50's look great. Musclecar era post cars are 50/50 as far as looks in my opinion. Some look ok, some look goofy!

If you had a V8 post car equipped the same as a HT the post would weigh more, taller glass, metal frames on the door glass, taller roof A and C pillars. They are stiffer bodies.

Obviously, any 2-door (or even 4-door) with no B-pillar is a "hardtop". And I though Mopar called the 2-door with the B-pillar a "coupe". I had a '70 Road Runner with the B-pillar and it was officially called a "coupe". I'd assume the same nomenclature would apply to an A-body.

-
Back