3” stainless exhaust tips for 72 Demon

-

T-Man700

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hay guys, seen these tips on Classic today. I like the slip-over design but these are listed for 70 Swinger and 2nd gen Baracuda. I’m thinking the 70 Dart should be the same as a 72 Dart, right? Classic has free ship now as well. Thanks

2B3D4B20-2405-43C6-AEFB-0882EB520FDE.png

Thanks Steve, just a Dart with a rear valance, NOT a Duster or Demon. Thanks

One thing I’ve noticed about Classic is they list only what the part or re-pop was on originally but not all applications. You can make these work on any thing but it may need a tad modifications. Seeing as they are 3” I’m not sure if the outer end is a bigger opening or a restriction. The TTI ones on my 72 Demon are 2.5” and fit really well.

Seeing as they are 3” I’m not sure if the outer end is a bigger opening or a restriction. The TTI ones on my 72 Demon are 2.5” and fit really well.

This was always my concern with these and that is why I chose not to use them. I bought a nice 3" round double rolled tip.

They will fit anything if the pipes are long enough...
That makes sense, I'm going to take it to a custom exhaust guy here in town. I'll let him figure it out, also going to stay with the 3" from the Doug's to the tips. Yearone has a set to fit the Demon, Duster for a few bucks more. I guess the difference is without the valance, the tips are just longer. I want them to fit over the pipes and not inside like the factory. The Classic and Yearone tips I looked at do attach to the outside.

The difference is where the hanger is located. If you put the valance style on a Duster or Demon with the factory Located hanger the tip from a Cuda or Dart will end up in front of the bumper,

The bumper on a 67-69 dart or a 70-73 Duster Demon if farther back then a 67-69 cuda or 70-73 Dart. I have both sets if you need pictures of them side by side.

The tip hanger on a 70 dart is on the flat part of the tip . The tip hanger on a 70 Duster is on the round part of the tip.

This was always my concern with these and that is why I chose not to use them. I bought a nice 3" round double rolled tip.
The CA of a std. 16ga 3" pipe is just under 6.5"sq., the area of 2.875" ID, the tips have a CA of over 6.75"sq. by interior dimension. For anyone else who may be curious.

-
Back