3.8 mph gain from no hood? Pics inside and input needed

-
I’m betting the opening of the scoop is too far back from the front of the car.

As the speed goes up, the air isn’t getting into the scoop.

Tape some yarn to the front end up at the opening of the scoop, the front of the nose and half way in between, and get some GoPro video of what the yarn isn doing at speed.

My guess is as the car speed goes up, the yarn will lay down on the body, as there is no air to move it.

@Johnny Mac , check this guy out. Short stop and all! I wonder if it went 'beep beep beep' when backing up? Ha

Thats badass! Our sim was not a Herc :p Dornier commuter if i recall. it would only BARELY move. thats super cool though!

problem is you don't know if it was the lack of filters, hood or combo of both. it'll be interesting to see the filter tests. do you keep good logs of track conditions every time you run?
i keep decent records. Weather, track, etc plus notes on a run if needed. It will take some testing.

Were the egt’s and water temp up any?
Not recorded, but will start tracking them if the ole brain will remember. I don't have either on a data logger channel.
The AFR did lean out slightly though.

I’m betting the opening of the scoop is too far back from the front of the car.

As the speed goes up, the air isn’t getting into the scoop.

Tape some yarn to the front end up at the opening of the scoop, the front of the nose and half way in between, and get some GoPro video of what the yarn isn doing at speed.

My guess is as the car speed goes up, the yarn will lay down on the body, as there is no air to move it.
I agree with the scoop possibly being back too far. Taking the hood off lowered the boundry area maybe four inch? Plus who knows what else is giing on. Yarn rests would definately add some info!

I agree with the scoop possibly being back too far. Taking the hood off lowered the boundry area maybe four inch? Plus who knows what else is giing on. Yarn rests would definately add some info!

You are going pretty fast for that body style. That’s why I’m inclined to think the scoop isn’t getting air at your MPH.

I fought it on a 64 Barracuda and I wasn’t near your MPH.

-
Back