3/8 Nylon 12 Fuel line?

-
I run a 3/8 supply line to my Carter HO pump & 750DP @ 420 hp or so. Pulls hard to 7200, never gives up. There are no sharp corners in my line, just a straight shot, with one shallow 90* at the back, which I stretched out,more like two 45*s. I ran a straight steel line from the pump to the carb,no filter. I put a very large EFI filter tucked into the pocket just in front of the p/s front spring hanger. It's been in there since about 2002, never changed it yet. It has a 3/8 hose barb on one side and a screw-in fitting on the other. It mightabin over 2.25" in diameter, by maybe 4 inches long,Ima guessing.Steel body. I shoved the steel-line up the front stub-frame, and brought it out at the pump. I run a Schumacher engine restraint, so the gap from the line to the pump is very short.

Last edited:
I would say no to nylon , ferd used a poly type line in the Crapi GT. A budy in Michigan hit a sand heave in a gravel road and we had to rerun it all from front to back in steel at the side of the road to get him home .

-
Back