Not open for further replies.

Righty Tighty

Blame it on the dog
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Contact seller
I'm looking for an OEM Mopar 3/8" fuel sender for my '74 Barracuda. I recently swapped 5/16" fuel lines for 3/8" and went with a new reproduction unit. Not surprisingly, it doesn't work.

I have the old 5/16" sender that I can trade, or purchase the 3/8". I'll pay shipping to 85629. Thanks FABO.

Hey Righty, don’t believe Mopar used a 3/8” line. On my sendinit, I solved my problem by prebending a 3/8 line to match the factory 5/16, cut the old one off the sending unit, drilled the plate for 3/8 and soldered in the 3/8 replacement line, both sides. No issues and you keep the OEM electronics. And.... it’s cheap! LOL

I’ve read other places that the 440 six packs and Hemis came with 3/8” lines, and I was actually able to find the lines and sender pretty easily. I’m just wanting an OEM Mopar sender because they’re said to be much more reliable and accurate than the repops.

I may try your suggestion if I can’t find one, I’d just rather not modify a good 5/16” sender if someone else could use it.

I think the part number you're looking for is 3420845. It's in the parts manual for 1970-71 Barracuda and Challenger with Hemis and 440s. Probably 3/8" with a vapor return. Probably also hard to find. Modifying your current part may be your best way to go.

70 Hemi Cuda Fuel tank gauge.png

Here's a little closer view:

70 Hemi Cuda Fuel tank gauge02.png

Last edited:
I bought one of those through the dealer..... Back in 1978.... Good Luck, they've been obsolete for over thirty years & fit allot of high $$$$ cars....If you find a real one expect to pay upwards for $500.....

Replacing your pickup tube on your original sender it your best bet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back