3 choices for a 340 Dart Sport(Carbs)

-

DartSport340

Reaction score
Ok I got some carb questions. I have 3 carbs im looking at.

1 .I have in my shed a Holley 80475-1 a vac secondary Holley 600(i believe) that came off my RoadRunner
when I had that. It was way too small for the RR and I never could get it to run right...always seemed to have a off idle bog just as you put your foot into it and I never could get it adjusted out so off it came.

2. I also have been looking at the Holley Street Avenger 670

3. or this Pro Max carb that I asked them what would do good on my car and I got this response.

The same carb that we did for the Moparts member would work well for you (PRO 650 Vac). This is based off of a Holley and is a 650cfm carb with vacuum secondary. The carb also comes with an electric choke and our billet jet plate for the secondaries. The customer did upgrade to a quick change spring kit. The carb runs $275 and the quick change upgrade adds $15. It takes us normally 7-14 business days to build a carb. Let me know if you need anything further.

The car is a 1973 Dart Sport 340 with 727 ,3:21 rear,stock cam, Edlebrock performer(not the RPM) manifold(also have the stock manifold), and a set of headers. Im not that concerned about the MPG as it does not get driven tons just on the weekends/nice days. So what do you think I should do.

IF I go with the 600 I already have it will need rebuilt by SOMEONE THAT HAS A CLUE and that= NOT ME :icon_smi:. so that will factor into this as its been sitting for several years now. any suggestions for that in itsself?(a reliable good rep carb rebuilder?)

I heard good stuff about them but just wanted to weigh my options..btw if this should be in a different forum feel free to move it if your a mod.

Just replied to your other post too. In my opinion the Promax carb would be a little overkill. They are nice, but for a mostly stock engine it's not needed. I've gota perfectly good 670 Street Avenger for $200 or Edelbrock 650 AVS for $300 I'd sell you if your interested. I was going to use one or the other on my modified 340, but I'm going to go with a tuned 650 Demon from FBO...so thus these are for sale. Both are like new, and bought previously off other FABO members.

Just let me know. Both would work nicely on your 340. The Edelbrock has the Endurashine finish.

Feel free to PM me or email me at [email protected]

-
Back