3" muffler's for performance

-

jeeper

Reaction score
I am getting ready to do the exhaust on my 440 dart. It is a fairly mellow 440 for now but it likely to get meaner with time.

I am running 3" tubing. I need a good flowing muffler that sounds good. Picture a DD capable, but mainly toy car. I live away from people and don't drive in town much so a bit of noise is ok. I want to build for the future HP increase so flow is important.

It looks like the Hooker Mufflers flow about the best in the reasonable price range.

Any thoughts or ideas, recommendations, links?

I'd like to keep it under $70 per muffler.

Thanks, ROB

Dynomax Ultra-Flo's.....nice mellow rumble and then they come alive whe you floor it.

Don't worry about the flow numbers, any 3" performance muffler is going to have the capacity to flow more than the engine will produce.

Make your choice on sound, price, availability, etc.

I guess my thinking was that I needed to get something that would flow the number the first time. However, the engine I have now could probably run a 2.5" system and be fine.

I have the $20.00 each Summit mufflers on my work truck and I don't find them objectionable.

Just thinking aloud here. Also, trying to look to the future and make sure that I have things well planned for later.

-
Back