3-point seat belts for bench seat

-

CRUZE 418

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Looked back a ways and did not see my answer. In Classic Industries and Year One's catalogs there is an aftermarket 3-point retractable car specific front seatbelt harness available. Classics for $251.99 on page 70 current catolog and Year One's for $313. I think that they are the same mfr. My question is, if you think that you have installed this seatbelt harness, do you like it? Did you have to relocate the anchor area? Any difficulty getting into the back seat? Making the decision to go totally original or this aftermarket belt.

subscribed - I recently bought those 3 point belts but haven't installed them yet

I put them in my 71 Duster. I had to drill the floor on each side to mount the rewinder. As the car was never designed for that, it did come out quite nicely. I am way too old to get into the back seat so I can not answer that.
But I am thrilled with the setup

Pawned, so the bottom anchor does not attach where the orginal seat belt retractor attached?

I just pulled them when I put in new carpet. I drilled them into the floor just behind the door jam. maybe an inch. But it has been so many years since I did that I do not remember exactly. I do remember being pissed that I could not use the existing connectors and needed to drill into the floor. I have a appx 2" fender washer under the car so it does not pull thru the floor.

Trying to remember, I do not think I could make the bottom anchor/retractor fit where the original belts attach

I bought mine from a company that did seatbelts primarily. Not thru a distributor. I just looked around, may have been Seatbeltsplus.com

Last edited:
-
Back