3 spd. wiper motor

-

Longgone

John/68 Barracuda & Dart
Reaction score
I`d like to replace my 2 speed wiper motor with a 3 speed. This would give me room around my air cleaner for a sealed plate from the air cleaner to the hood. I have a 68 Barracuda, my question is what years / bodies 3 spd motor can I use and do I have to change anything besides the switch? Thanks

Hi John,

You'll have to change the wiper motor, dash switch, make some changes to your dash harness for the three speed switch, make some changes to your bulkhead connector wiring(3 spd has a different wiring scheme coming thru the bulkhead), and you might have to change the linkage arm. I can't remember for sure if the A-bodies used the same arm for 2 spd's and 3 spd's.

Hello Rick, how are things in the great northwest? It was 77 degrees here yesterday, I don`t know how to dress anymore. Thanks for the reply. I was hoping it was a plug and play operation, but that would be way too simple.

I do have a 74 dart with a working 3 speed setup in it if interested let me know, look like we arent to far shipping wouldnt be to bad (the only problem is the motor has a few bare wires still worked but I was going to replace it for fire precuations)

Hello Rick, how are things in the great northwest? It was 77 degrees here yesterday, I don`t know how to dress anymore. Thanks for the reply. I was hoping it was a plug and play operation, but that would be way too simple.

Cold, damp, and chilly...brrrrrrr, but at least it's not snowing or ice storms....yet!!!

Changing over to 3-spd wiper motor shouldn't be that much of a problem, a wiring diagram would help a bunch. If dartcustom has a working set-up, that'd be the good way to go. Be sure to get the wiring plug that fits on the back of the 3-spd switch, you'll need that piece too.

I canand have gotten a 'one sweep' intermitent wiper feature from the earlier 2 speed and 3 speed wiper systems , using the "push for wash" portion of their switches.
The later types that reverse to park and rotate the switch to low speed upon "push" are totally different circuitry.
I whipped that rotation in one those switches but have yet to go back after the one sweep conection in that type or determined if it's doable. Maybe someday I will.
Other things that changed about wipers are the linkage, bushings, and pitman arms.

-
Back