30 Years With My First A-Body

-

ACME A12

It's all ball bearings nowadays...
Reaction score
It just dawned on me; I just celebrated 30 years of glorious A-Body ownership on Thursday. I bought my Rallye Red, 4-speed, '70 Duster 340 exactly 30 years ago. It has survived two continents, high school, college, a stint in the Air Force, two marriages, a truckload of street racing (somehow the original block survived it all) and a whole bunch of other stuff with me. I could have ended up a phord guy (my dad was mostly an "Anti-GM" guy - but really like the blue ovals...) if that incredible little A-Bomb hadn't appeared out of nowhere and rocked my world!

Kinda makes me want to sideline some of my other current projects and get the old girl back on the road...I'll have to work on that...

Just thought that I'd share...

Ray

Thanks guys. I just bought an A12 RR from 68 Sedan (Tem) back in August so that one will have to be next in the line-up just to protect my investment, but it is clearly time to get this one back on the road...

Ray

Outstanding Rays340.:eek:ccasion:
I think you should at least get an anniversary picture with a
Happy anniversary gift on it.:-D

Congratulations and thank you for your service in the Air Force :usa2:

How many young ladies have you had in the 70 Duster.:toothy10:

Careful with your answer, if you're attached.

I am, and she occasionally visits this site (that's her Swinger shown in my avatar), so I'll just blow past Memike's question out of respect to her. Thanks for the warning though!

Memike - thanks for the kind words. The car isn't too photogenic right now - much of it is in primer and what isn't probably should be! Maybe I'll scan some old pictures (there were no such thing as digital photos when she was in her glory) and post a few in her honor. I do like the idea about an anniversary gift...:toothy10:

Ray

:-#Oops, Some time's I think I am the only one here that is attached.:love3:
And some time's I just don't think, :scratch:
I will be attached for 30 years next year to my great wife.:-D

Congratulations to you and your attachment :cheers:

Just had my 35th anniversary with my '68 GTX last June.

ive got a 74 360 duster black and white i've had her 24 years 2 wifes and alot of racing and she only got 76542 miles on her i purchase her from the org. owners april 14 1984 out in moblie ala , she's a keeper mike

congrats, i was born 30 years ago! lol of course my dad had my dart sitting in the garage then so i guess i've been with mine for 30 years too.

Let's see some pics of it in it'd current state. Congrats on keeping the car.

I have had Victoria "my 66 Valiant Sedan" 138 days and 14 hours.:-D

I've had my '70 Duster for 30 years too. I was gonna sell it on eBay back in the Spring but got kinda sentimental, and decided to keep her. It's been a money pit, but also a lot of fun working on it with my 19 year old son. My first A body was a '71 plum crazy Duster, 340, 4 speed. The motor was a low compression dog, and I blew it up in about 3 months. I found a 340 out of a '68 Cuda in a boneyard, and MAN did THAT thing scream. Ahhhh, the memories...

I have had Victoria "my 66 Valiant Sedan" 138 days and 14 hours.:-D

Mike,

It sounds like you're coming up on your six month anniversary...better start planning a party for you & Victoria!

Good to see all of the other long-time owners chime in. Congrats to you guys too for hanging on to them for all of these years!

:-D

Ray

-
Back