302/714 on 73 318 pushrod length

-

Notanova73

Reaction score
Ok I have a 73 318 I have a set of 714 closed chambers off of a 91 318 which are same as 302 heads what push rod length should I get?my engine is together and my daily driver so it’s not apart to check this. I live in an apartment and I have a freind that is going to let me pull my engine reseal it put these heads on install headers etc but I want to make sure I get the right parts so it only takes 2 days to do it. The current engine has been rebuilt but they installed alote of seals wrong and it leaks alote so I don’t need info on the condition of my 318 it’s really good shape

The heads do not matter.
There are only a few lengths to concern yourself with.
Early LA with solid lifters.
ALL hydraulic flat tappet lifter engines.
LA with the roller cam.
Magnum engines.
Yours is the second one.

Yeah here I was in the other thread tryin to figure out why you brought up roller LA and Magnums. I was scratchin my head.

Yeah my engine la 1973 318 the heads are 714 which are same heads as 302 heads both closed chamber and from a hydraulic roller 318

Yeah my engine la 1973 318 the heads are 714 which are same heads as 302 heads both closed chamber and from a hydraulic roller 318

Then certainly run the 714 heads.

upload_2021-2-16_2-22-58.jpeg

The newer on right look small but fits about same but stiffer guessing because it’s new the heads had over 100k miles from 91 dakota I pulled them from

The plastic/ rubber type seem to fit should I use them or replace with the metal ones with rubber and some spring thing on top dunno

I did find a set that should fit 91 dakota they are same type as original they aren’t easy to find they replace them now with the rubber/ mastic type

They aren't but around 20 bucks a set.

-
Back