302 casting heads

-

273Dynamite

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a ‘68 273 motor and I’m looking for some 302 casting heads for it. If anyone can help that would be great! Thanks!

This should be in the want ad area...
shipping will be tough even if local. Never mind this side of the country.

GLWS

Have gotten 302 Heads from Rockauto.com in the past, really nice reman job and machine work. Around $500 including shipping.

'86 - 91 318 Dodge Pickups had the 302 heads from factory. TBI roller engines, pre magnum. 714 cast number is the exact same head, just a different number.

Can keep an eye on the Rockauto site to see when they become available again.

If you can find a used take off set, new valves are available for them, and the heads have hardened seats. Check them for cracking between the valves. If they are good, they are good.

1020161100.jpg

Screenshot_20200822-025802_Chrome.jpg

I have a pair of 302 head castings. They have passed magneflux and milled .020 on the block surface and .019 on the intake surface. I'd have to look to see how much I have in them.

Did the 318 vans have em? A bunch of vans in my junky.

Believe all the '86 - '91 318 TBI roller engines had the 302 heads.

You can double check particular vans and cars on the Rockauto web site to see what they list for their heads.

The '86 - '91 318s have the good compression flat top pistons and a good chance the full floater rods too. So good parts to get ahold of.

My '91 318 TBI roller engine has the full floater rods in it.

The full floating rods sounds nice. I have those on my 2.2 turbo ll shelby engine. Problem w used rods is the amount of work you need to put into them to recondition them if your making sure to not build a possible grenade. Eagle H beams are pretty inexpensive and stout when you factor in all the reconditioning and labor costs you would have in stock cast floating rods.

This 318 that sitting in the engine pile I am unsure of the year. I will pull the valve covers and look for the casting numbers. Hopefully they wont be cracked between the seats. Theres a bunch of ram vans in my junky as well. These are usually untouched because it's harder to pull a van engine than a pickup. May have to take a vacation day when its cooler out. I have a bad feeling I will be disassembling a bunch of engines till I end up with a good set of heads.

-
Back