31 k Mile 77 Aspen 318 A/C

-
DUDE !! That thing is SWEET !! I especially like the way you did up the engine ; it's in my favourite colourscheme : blue engine with an orange air cleaner :thumblef::thumblef::thumblef::thumblef::thumblef: !!
How'd ya run the exhaust ?
From what I understand , the only 'F' Bodies to have factory dual exhaust were the '79 360 Road Runner and Aspen R/T 360 ; and even then , it had to neck-down to a 2-into-1 in order to clear the offset gas tank ; then it returned to a true dual setup after the resonator .
Did you run axle-area dumps or a 2-into-1 setup ?
If you look real close in the last pic you can see the left side tailpipe setting up a little higher than the right side (cant see it when you pull up behind it unless it was cold outside and steam was coming out) looks like single exhaust from the rear. Duals all the way back to the bumper, rt. in factory spot, lt. other side of the spring hanger. Should have seen the look on the dude in a 03 Mustang GTs face when I dusted his ***.

If you look real close in the last pic you can see the left side tailpipe setting up a little higher than the right side (cant see it when you pull up behind it unless it was cold outside and steam was coming out) looks like single exhaust from the rear. Duals all the way back to the bumper, rt. in factory spot, lt. other side of the spring hanger. Should have seen the look on the dude in a 03 Mustang GTs face when I dusted his ***.

I really like your style :D . Would almost seem that we're cut from the same cloth ! The one-pipe-shorter-than-the-other approach is *exactly* what I'd have done , too !

There was a similar model wagon listed here a while back that would be a better choice than a 4 door for my money.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=127147

Any questions let me know....still for sale...carb is rebuilt and the needing tank dropped/cleaned unded up being the rubber hose that runs from the tank to the steel line on the body was bad! Lucky find to not have to drop the tank!!!......

I really like your style :D . Would almost seem that we're cut from the same cloth ! The one-pipe-shorter-than-the-other approach is *exactly* what I'd have done , too !
Thanks a lot. I like to go for the sleeper look whenever possible.....but does that mean you are an old fart like me? (1970 I feel alright...I graduated H.S. in 1970!!!!) :prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=127147

Any questions let me know....still for sale...carb is rebuilt and the needing tank dropped/cleaned unded up being the rubber hose that runs from the tank to the steel line on the body was bad! Lucky find to not have to drop the tank!!!......

It's tempting, but like I said earlier in this thread, I already have too many cars. This one was just there when we were bringing my son's car in and caught my eye.

I do like the wagons. My mom had a 76 Volare wagon with a 360 2bbl when we were kids. That was a great car.

It's tempting, but like I said earlier in this thread, I already have too many cars. This one was just there when we were bringing my son's car in and caught my eye.

I do like the wagons. My mom had a 76 Volare wagon with a 360 2bbl when we were kids. That was a great car.

recently in my area there was a supposed 360/4 speed powered 77 volare wagon for sale for 3k, i never went and looked at, and i cant find the post now, but it sure sounded like a cool camaro killer

recently in my area there was a supposed 360/4 speed powered 77 volare wagon for sale for 3k, i never went and looked at, and i cant find the post now, but it sure sounded like a cool camaro killer

There used to be a guy here in the Mopar Muscle club back in the 80's that had a 360 4 speed wagon. He's the one who got me on Rhoades lifters. I lost contact with him in the late 80's. His name was Hal Meyer. He was a good guy and did me some favors when I needed them. He used to smoke the IROC Camaros with his wagon and got 23 MPG!

There used to be a guy here in the Mopar Muscle club back in the 80's that had a 360 4 speed wagon. He's the one who got me on Rhoades lifters. I lost contact with him in the late 80's. His name was Hal Meyer. He was a good guy and did me some favors when I needed them. He used to smoke the IROC Camaros with his wagon and got 23 MPG!

100E2414.jpg

Thanks a lot. I like to go for the sleeper look whenever possible.....but does that mean you are an old fart like me? (1970 I feel alright...I graduated H.S. in 1970!!!!) :prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer:

I'll be turning 42 on the 16th of this month ; 42 chronologically , that is .
" 1970 ( I Feel Alright ) " is the name of a song by the Stooges (Iggy Pop , et al.) on their 1970 album Fun House .

Never-the-less ... I do *feel* like an old fart ! I've never been "up-to-date" on any thing : music (with certain exceptions) , fashion , cars , artwork ; females are the obvious exception (but a young gal in Mod attire --Think 'Twiggy'-- is the best ! ) :yawinkle: .

As much as I love wild colours (Hi Impact and whatnot) on cars , and crazy stripes , I do prefer sleepers .

Have a great week !

I haven't seen an daily driver Aspen or a Volare up here for over 20 years,...long gone ,...ship it up east, and they'll get more

I haven't seen an daily driver Aspen or a Volare up here for over 20 years,...long gone ,...ship it up east, and they'll get more

Mine is up in the North East now, in NY. To many stupid questions off craigslist.

Short of those stock/SS cars this is the only 4 door F body I'd think about spending 8K on!

5-31-09020.jpg

No way, no how is that car worth 3-4 thou. Unless you want to lose your money when you sell. it.

That is WAY TO MUCH. I bought a '77 coupe in 2000 for $400 and it had 57k miles on it. It was a great car. Wished we still had that one!

-
Back