318 build.. Up

-

joshua dewitt

Reaction score
OK, I AM THINKING OF KEEPING IT 318 AND NO STROKE, USING THE 318 HEADS OR GO TO 318,3302 castings. my offy 360 d/p mannifold and summit carb, hooker super comp headers, a 904 with added lock up for hwy only( on switch) does themopar purple cam p4452782 move the car well? alos choise oc gears, 3.23 or 3.55's? will se street duty, also has p/b, p/s, a/c going to run a vaccum res. if needed. but thr lobe centerlinr of the cam is 112deg. should idle smooth, would this also need good low end and have an idle? thought or ideas, note, engine will get bored and compression rasied up to 9- 9.5 :1

Some of your english diction is toliet worthy.
Are you typing from your phone?
Can you post cam specs?
What trans has an electric lock up switch? I have never heard of that one.

please post in "small block tech" for your question. This forum is for early a bodies and the 74 swinger is not. On sister-in-laws 66 barracuda used 8.8 rear with new 3.27 posi setup, with 340, 904 and 4 wheel discs(changing back to manual disc)with a 268 type cam that has been in the other 318 since mid 80's. Edelbrock heads(with welding for stock early a exhaust manifolds)

keep it simple silly KISS methodology! I had a 66 cuda with 318 modest cam, some good head work and trans that ran well. 8 3/4 rear and the car had 14 inch wheels, ok it ran low 13 quarter mile at the track before a fool ran into it coming home one day in the rain! I now have a 65 formula s with a similar 318 with a simple 4bbl set up and 81/4 rear 14 inch rally wheels fairly stock and car runs 15 second quarter mile. So work on the top end and it will roll, make sure the transmission will take it and rear will go for it too! The 318 will go for sure if you want to let it rock!

65Cudalover.............

I went with a 318 in the Valiant. LD340 intake, heads are 1.88 intake 1.60 exhaust,670 street avenger carb,mild cam, can't remember off top of my head. It's a good little set-up.

Let me know when you find a set of those heads, ill take 2 sets. Cant find any good ones.(no cracks).

-
Back