318 build

-
This most likely will stir up a hornet's nest. I wouldn't put 360 heads on a mild 318 build. In order for the 318 to fully benefit from the larger ports and valves of the 360 heads

the 318 needs to spin 6,000 plus rpm's.
How do you figure ? Based on what ?
The cam that the op listed most likely doesn't have this rpm capability and he didn't mention which intake manifold that he's using. If he's going for street performance I think that he would be better off with the cylinder heads he has now and clean up the bowl area, good competition valve job. Guys say that the heads can be milled 0.040" to help with the compression loss,and some have suggested to run aftermarket pistons at zero deck height, this could require a cut of 0.012". All of the 318's that I've dealt with had blind cylinder head bolt holes, so with a total of 0.052" being removed wouldn't this cause the cylinder head bolts to be " to short"? I've known guys personally that have ran 360 heads on their 318's only to hurt performance. And don't forget that the intake side of the heads have to be machined as well in order to maintain proper port alignment. Attention to every aspect of the build has to be taken into consideration.
Basically if the OP is fine making 200-300 hp then the stock heads are fine but if wants to make over 300 hp he needs to do something about the heads needs more air flow.

-
Back