318 compression test results

-
What is your game plan so far?
This is what I have heard you discuss.
1. Rebuild/replace heads
2. replace camshaft / degree camshaft
3. Replace torque converter
All this work can be done with the motor in the car. Many have done this myself included. Now think about the steps involved to do that work with the motor in the car. Working over the fenders to do it all. Now picture yourself doing all the work with the motor out of the car, on a motor stand.
The transmission has to be separated from the engine. The exhaust unhooked. The radiator has to come out. Then while leaning over the fenders you are removing the whole front of the engine. Waterpump, fan, alternator, power steering, harmonic balancer, front cover and Possibly the grill. Not sure on a duster. Also removing the intake manifold distributor, associated wires, hoses, valve covers, rockers and pushrods, exhaust manifolds then cylinder heads.
What's left keeping the motor in the car? Starter wires and motor mount bolts? I'm probably forgetting somethings but you should get the idea.
that's y I'm hear to get a game plan and some knowledge. I never mentioned to degree the cam that was someone else. Replacing the torque converter was mentioned if I whent with the 360. The car is a 71 dart not a duster. I was gonna have the heads rebuilt until I found out that I can purchase a reman set that is better. I simply came here to find out if putting a cam in my engine would be allright with my comp #s. I'm done with this thread

-
Back