318 eddy heads

-

Youngthrill

69 GT
Reaction score
quick question...about to put my eddy heads on my 318..have the felpro gaskets
..first question torque spec??85 or 100...100 seems a bit much but this is my first build...

second question gaskets go on dry correct??no indian head ??thanks fabo:prayer:

Dry on the gaskets. Head bolts 95FT LBS in increments working from the center of the head out switching ends as you go.

Start in the center move to one side of center and then the other, repeat process until you have them all. I did mine at 35 then went to 65 then 95.

Like Badsport says, it's a pattern like this to follow.
And doing it in a couple of steps is really good advise.
I take four or five trips around the head tightening till fully tourqed. (Overkill)

Attachments

• head.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 213
Also double check all of the bolt holes and make sure there are no deposits in them, this could severely alter your torque spec.

always good to run a tap thru the holes too...

And make sure you use the Felpro 1008 gaskets with the compressed wire ring as Edelbrock recommend.

Need to check with Edelbrock, I don't think you use the stock tourque spec.
I believe its alot less.
Went back & looked at my specs.
I used ARP bolts & washers with moly lube.
Per ARP instructions, I tighten them to 70LBS.
I have read elsewhere, using the same ARP bolts with oil, get tighten to 95LBS.

thanks everyone...i ran a tap and cleaned off the surfaces with brake clean and a non lint leaving rag...i stared a new tread on my gaskets...i believe they sent 2 of the same side because on one side the 1008 is faceing up and the other side is faceing down....due to dowl postion...what worrys me is that in between the cylinders thers a metal tab that faces down,well one side faces up just doesnt look right but i may be wrong ...**** i really wanted to bolt this thing together today....

thanks everyone...i ran a tap and cleaned off the surfaces with brake clean and a non lint leaving rag...i stared a new tread on my gaskets...i believe they sent 2 of the same side because on one side the 1008 is faceing up and the other side is faceing down....due to dowl postion...what worrys me is that in between the cylinders thers a metal tab that faces down,well one side faces up just doesnt look right but i may be wrong ...**** i really wanted to bolt this thing together today....
As long as the dowels line up you'll be fine. I'm not one to ever run a tap for fear of removing too much metal or messing the threads up. I just put a little oil on the threads of all the bolts and the run them in & out a couple times.

Your gaskets are fine they make them all the same. One goes one way and the other "up side down" if you will. No worries.

-
Back