318 engine install

-

vines

Reaction score
Can The 318 be installed with both exhaust manifolds bolted on ? Or is it much easier to install the left side before installing it into the frame and installing the right side after it’s in the frame ? 1974 gold duster matching numbers 40k mile car

On my 70 Dart 340 car , it was fairly easy to install both factory exhaust manifolds after the engine was installed. Headers are another story, I installed the left header first and lowered the right side in along with the engine as I lowered the cherry picker boom.

On my 70 Dart 340 car , it was fairly easy to install both factory exhaust manifolds after the engine was installed. Headers are another story, I installed the left header first and lowered the right side in along with the engine as I lowered the cherry picker boom.

Glad you‘re back!!

Glad you‘re back!!
Thanks. I had to learn who to not reply to here. It's not worth it LOL!
That whole 318 vs 340 argument its a dead horse I learned about these engines 30 years ago. i started with 318, but quickly tuned in on the 340 LOL! Thats what is naturally supposed to happen but not with thick headed folks. These guys don't want to listen to the older folks here they can waste their time and money LOL!
They cant replace facts with ignorance and they cant rewrite history. Alot of the argument starters will be on my ignore list.

Can The 318 be installed with both exhaust manifolds bolted on ? Or is it much easier to install the left side before installing it into the frame and installing the right side after it’s in the frame ? 1974 gold duster matching numbers 40k mile car
I've never had an problems pulling or installing them with the factory manifolds. P/S makes it a bit tighter, but, still doable.

-
Back