318 goes bye bye !!!!!!

-

Johnny Dart

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Sold the 318 out of my Dart,and pulled it this weekend.Everything went smooth.Making room for the 360..340 clone i'm building.......:headbang:

Picture 528.jpg

Picture 530.jpg

Picture 535.jpg

the real question is...........

are you going to be able to handle the extra horsepower???:evil4:

if not, just put a 2 bbl on it,.........:headbang:

Cool...I always liked pulling engines.

When was the last time you wore a t-shirt pulling a motor outside in October in CT, probably as many times as I've done it in eastern WA... never. It's already been in the 20's here.

John, it gonna be sweet.

Chuck

Dang,just got home with all kinds of responses !!!!

Let me see if I can answer all in a few sentences.

The 340 will never blow because it is a 360......:headbang:
Extra horses......I will give it my best shot.....:burnout:
T-shirt it was...little over 80.:glasses7:
The 60,000 mile 318 sold for $1000.00 \\:D/

Cool stuff...Thanks guys !!!!

Dang,just got home with all kinds of responses !!!!

Let me see if I can answer all in a few sentences.

The 340 will never blow because it is a 360......:headbang:
Extra horses......I will give it my best shot.....:burnout:
T-shirt it was...little over 80.:glasses7:
The 60,000 mile 318 sold for $1000.00 \\:D/

Cool stuff...Thanks guys !!!!

$1000.. Wow. i guess get it where you can. Your teen was clean looking

Sounds like ***** envy to me.

I don't like this trash talk about the 318. It is a great motor and can make great power with a little thinking. I didn't have the $$$ that a lot of people have, being 22, so I took my 318 and rebuilt it, worked the STOCK heads and milled them slightly, used my existing Edelbrock induction, added hooker comp headers, Comp XE268 cam, buttoned it up, painted it hemi orange and away she went. Pulls hard and strong and likee to rev. Should right at or above 300 horsepower.

Cmon people. We are ALL mopar people, atleast most of us are. Some of us cannot go out and waste what they already have. I have one 340 and love them both.

Either way, a mopar is a mopar, and can run strong either way, with a little effort.:headbang:

I don't like this trash talk about the 318. It is a great motor and can make great power with a little thinking. I didn't have the $$$ that a lot of people have, being 22, so I took my 318 and rebuilt it, worked the STOCK heads and milled them slightly, used my existing Edelbrock induction, added hooker comp headers, Comp XE268 cam, buttoned it up, painted it hemi orange and away she went. Pulls hard and strong and likee to rev. Should right at or above 300 horsepower.

Cmon people. We are ALL mopar people, atleast most of us are. Some of us cannot go out and waste what they already have. I have one 340 and love them both.

Either way, a mopar is a mopar, and can run strong either way, with a little effort.:headbang:

I agree that the 318 is a good motor,and can be made to run very well.
After I added the 4bbl intake/carb,dual exhaust,electronic ign, to my 318 I could light em up with no problem.Dusted lots of folks on the street with it.

A grand for a 318...yikes,,whats this world coming too..\

its october here in PA, was 75 today wil be 86 friday and saturday,,,and sunday,,going to a street rod meet,,,

and dont laugh at a 318 poly,,,they run like heck,,,there is a hold society of poly guys now doing research on those motors,,,realizing what mopar did so many times,,,they never investagated what they had,,,the poly motors,, or the 360,,while in production,,

that dart looks great in CALIF,,so does that new motor,,,,have fun,eat some stangs,,,

My sons 318 is fast in a76 dart 13.04@ 101 mph. this weekend he hopes to be in the 12s.(motor only)

-
Back