318 head gaskets and water jacket holes

-
You took .030 off a 302? What compression are you looking for as that is going to be pretty high for a stock head. Mill a head and the distance between the opposite intake ports decreases, that makes the intake sit taller, altering the port alignment without milling the intake.

I had my machine shop measure the chambers and I'm right at 56cc. Thinking of running the regular felpro head gaskets now to avoid having to deal with high test gas/ race fuel.

Obviously your freeze plug is still there.....its got a Nice Pinhole rusted through though....

Yes that's what I see...there IS a freeze plug there...it's just that it wasn't a nice new brass one! :violent1:

Fresh ones are cheap insurance and IMO it's best to use some sealant around them before installing.

There actually was a freeze plug missing. Clearwater Cyliner head missed it and my machine shop did as well. I installed the heads not even looking for them. They now have the nice new brass ones :)

I would love to hear how your car runs with the 302 heads. I am considering doing the same on my car. What cam are you running?

-
Back