318 heavy duty

-

48plymouth

Reaction score
I just got a 1984 dodge diplomat cop car for parts.It has a 318 4 barrel engine in it.It is a 318 heavy duty with fac engine oil cooler.Do not know much about this kind of engine so maybe some one on fabo can help me.
Thanks Jim

good basis for a hop-up . Roller lifters / cam ( no need to add ZDDP to the oil at every oil change .

Beyond the roller setup , the heads are better than the earlier 318 heads ; same as the 360 ; maybe sodium valves .

Nothing else terribly special about these motors . Low compression smog motor is all . But , you got it for next to nothing anyhow , right ? That's a good deal in itself .

Snag the oil cooler with all the lines and fittings. Also if it has the aux trans and P/S coolers grap them also.
Same for the enhanced feel steering box, the front brakes, master cylinder, booster, etc.
Also the rear end with the rear bar and all assorted pieces that go with it.

everything about a dippy cop car is built stronger, if its not in bad shape don't junk it, people over on dippy.org are crying for cop (AHB) diplomats

I just got a 1984 dodge diplomat cop car for parts.It has a 318 4 barrel engine in it.It is a 318 heavy duty with fac engine oil cooler.Do not know much about this kind of engine so maybe some one on fabo can help me.
Thanks Jim

I think the old cop car motors come factory with double roller timing chain, and a windage tray. not 100% sure tho, i could be thinkin' of sumthin else....

1988 first year for roller cam 318

1989 for the 360 roller cam

probably has a low first gear 904 tranny,,,,grab that too

-
Back